Pops Mini Ukulele Owners Thread

ukeclass

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Any of you other folks own a Pops Mini ukulele?

I commissioned Pops to make this Naupaka mini last spring/summer to match the Naupaka Tenor that I used to own. I have to admit, it feels a little weird still owning it since offloading everything except a Kamaka, but its a special instrument that has it own place in my office, overlooking my classroom.

Attachments

• IMG_2287.JPG
    IMG_2287.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 49
It is! But since it’s less than 6” long, it’s incredibly tiny. While it is possible to pluck out single note melodies, it’s not the easiest. Sometimes I will play the melody we’re learning, for my kids, just so I can stunt on them a little 😂

So now you have a Kamaka and a micro mini Koaloha ;)

Yes! My wife and I took a trip to Hawaii last March (2023) and toured KoAloha. I have my KoAloha ukuleles, and didn’t need to buy anything—but Pops was there working on the Minis, and my wife said we needed to buy one. We had a long visit with Pops (I still need to edit that video…the tour has been up forever), and my wife chose a block for the body—but we’re pretty sure the mini isn’t the same block (we’re not upset about it at all…still made by hand by Pops).

Please note my wife decided we should buy it as a souvenir of our trip…not me.

Ed (here on UU) was instrumental in helping us follow through with the purchase of the mini.

Right now it lives in our music room on a shelving unit I made out of my wife’s family’s old (and unrepairable) baby grand piano.

Attachments

• IMG_8606.jpeg
    IMG_8606.jpeg
    94.6 KB · Views: 35
Yes! My wife and I took a trip to Hawaii last March (2023) and toured KoAloha. I have my KoAloha ukuleles, and didn’t need to buy anything—but Pops was there working on the Minis, and my wife said we needed to buy one. We had a long visit with Pops (I still need to edit that video…the tour has been up forever), and my wife chose a block for the body—but we’re pretty sure the mini isn’t the same block (we’re not upset about it at all…still made by hand by Pops).

Ed (here on UU) was instrumental in helping us follow through with the purchase of the mini.

Right now it lives in our music room on a shelving unit I made out of my wife’s family’s old (and unrepairable) baby grand piano.
Yes! Ed was the whole reason we even got it done! Pops wasn’t sure if he could do it, and had to make a whole new jig to join the Koa and Mango together!

What headstock logo is on yours? Pops accidentally put on the KoAloha logo, and because of it, they barely let him sell it to me, and because of that, it’s a 1/1 that’ll never be replicated. (Some agreement between Pops and KoAloha since he split off with his own UkeSA brand)

What headstock logo is on yours? Pops accidentally put on the KoAloha logo, and because of it, they barely let him sell it to me, and because of that, it’s a 1/1 that’ll never be replicated. (Some agreement between Pops and KoAloha since he split off with his own UkeSA brand)

I’m working on the iPad at the moment, and the camera isn’t as good as my phone…but as you can see, there’s a laser engraved KoAloha logo (I had not see that question…and only noticed as someone else posted to the thread today).IMG_4839.jpeg

Top Bottom