Portland, OR area group for donations? Free to a good home!

kozmoboxman

Reaction score
I'm bi-coastal, and I've ended up with a bit of extra gear in Portland that I don't need. We're talking some cases, humidifiers, strings, shipping boxes, and more.

Anyone have a good tip on a group in the Portland area that would be interested in the lot (I can deliver first week in July in/around Portland)? I'd like to pay this stuff forward to a uku group that supports students, folks with less $$$, etc.

TIA

I'm from Portland, but the only group I'm familiar with is the Ukulele Wednesday group. It's very much a BYOU group so probably doesn't match what you're looking to connect with, but it's the only one I really know about at the moment.

The other thing that comes to mind is maybe check with Friendly House of Portland and see if they do any classes and could use that kind of support.

I too live in Portland. There’s several groups I know of. There’s a Thursday group in Scappoose that meets in the library. Mostly new folks. Then there’s the group that meets on Saturdays in St Helens. Kinda if a sister group to the scappoose group. And the above Wednesday group mentioned. I’ve participated in all three of these groups. There’s also a Sunday afternoon group that meets in south Portland. Then there’s a group that meets in central Portland on Thursday nights and I believe a monthly group as well. And finally, there’s an occasional group thru a couple of local vendors/teachers.

It’s a very generous offer you have made to get new people started. Be glad to help anyway I can. Private message me if I can be of help.

Yeah, something like a kids group would be great, I know in some communities there are groups that are always looking to help new players out.

I think if anyone has specifics (i.e., a contact name/address) for a group, I'd be happy to inquire.

You might check with our seasonista Brian Fergus aka @UkeFoote here in the forum. He also runs the Woodstock Ukulele Studio here in Portland and works with a lot of students just starting out who might be able to use related equipment. Can’t hurt to check anyway…

You might check with our seasonista Brian Fergus aka @UkeFoote here in the forum. He also runs the Woodstock Ukulele Studio here in Portland and works with a lot of students just starting out who might be able to use related equipment. Can’t hurt to check anyway…
Thanks, I've sent him at PM.

I teach at Multnomah Arts Center (uke and guitar, kids and adults) and I know MACA accepts donations. We can always use gear for students.

Otherwise, I think Artichoke Music also still does educational outreach. (I used to work for them too.) There are good people there and they would find good homes and use for the gear.

Top Bottom