Post one song that you think others should listen to, ukulele or not!

Brian PacNW

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Here's something! Post one song that you think is interesting, weird, thought-provoking, or just otherwise worth listening to. (YouTube links work well so people can just hit play — just paste in the URL and it will auto-embed.)

I want to suggest just posting one song, but who am I to police the internet. :D. I'll probably break my own rule. And it doesn't have to be ukulele-related!

Here's mine. What a voice! Runaway by Aurora, live version from 2015 Nobel Peace Prize awards or something.

Last edited:

I ll go with this one a small Indy band from my country, and after I heard her voice I can't stop thinking why you didn't get more views and fan

And I always return to this homemade video when I need to an energy, simple and nice hope you guys enjoy

There is a girl band called Chapel Heart, after their hometown of Harts Chapel, Mississippi. I’ll post one of their great originals (You Can Have Him, Jolene) as soon as I track down the link.

Yes, the title chorus is a reference to the Dolly Parton tune but the performance is great in its own right.

Last edited:

I ll go with this one a small Indy band from my country, and after I heard her voice I can't stop thinking why you didn't get more views and fan

And I always return to this homemade video when I need to an energy, simple and nice hope you guys enjoy

Very beautiful, thank you!

Daneliya Tuleshova, an amazing young singer from Kazakhstan. She was only 14 when she recorded this cover of Faouzia‘s “Tears of Gold.” The maturity of Daneliya’s voice is remarkable for her age. And she has great control and range as well.

I think Time After Time by Cindy Lauper is one of the greatest songs ever written. Miles Davis also did a great instrumental version.

Daneliya Tuleshova, an amazing young singer from Kazakhstan. She was only 14 when she recorded this cover of Faouzia‘s “Tears of Gold.” The maturity of Daneliya’s voice is remarkable for her age. And she has great control and range as well.

Her lower register surprised me! I have no doubt she actually recorded that track but it looks like she was lip syncing in the video.

Rhiannon Giddens continues to mesmerize me. A great voice and incredible emotion. 😌

Rhiannon Giddens continues to mesmerize me. A great voice and incredible emotion. 😌

Wayfaring Stranger is a song that I've been flatpicking on acoustic guitar for ages. I worked-out a Doc Watson version long ago, and over time I've added parts to it, from I other pickers I admire. It's become a song that plays itself now, I don't even realize I'm playing anymore. Muscle memory.
There are several beautiful Wayfaring Stranger recordings on UU, by UU members. I'm going to search for a particular one that I recall, and add it here. It's performed by @wrestlingmatt51.
It's great. You'll love it.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting! That Wayfaring Stranger uke cover is indeed a joy, and @Larry U is 100% correct about Rhiannon.

Style on the uke cover is very similar to that of my old friend and Army buddy Larry Rittenberry. Larry, a native of Ellijay, Georgia, also did an amazingly wonderful cover of Tom T Hall’s “The Homecoming” to which we were drawn because the great Mr. Hall had for some odd reason mentioned the not-otherwise-notable west metro Atlanta town of Cartersville.

Top Bottom