No longer available Price Drop! Stunning Ko’olau T100 Hawaiian Ash Tenor Ukulele w/LR Baggs 5.0 – Featured in Mike Love Video

Price
$1,550 shipped to Con US
Shipping
Included
Size
Tenor

Rkrout

Reaction score
Price drop! I am selling this wonderful tenor Ko’olau T100 that I purchased from a UU member this year. It’s an awesome uke, but my Kamaka just fits my hand better, and am sticking with that. I am asking what I paid for it - $1,550 shipped to Con US.

Ko'olau T100 Tenor Ukulele - Solid Hawaiian Ash w/L.R. Baggs Five.O Active Pickup and Hard Shell Case. SN 163912

This is a wonderful Ko’olau Hawaiian Ko’olau tenor that plays like a dream and sounds great. With a body of solid Hawaiian ash and abalone rosette, this is a stunning instrument. It is in very good condition, but is a player and not a collector. It was made by luthier Noa Bonk. There are numerous signs of playing, but it is still a beautiful instrument in great shape. The ebony bridge has bled a bit into the surrounding ash, but does not affect playability in any way. The wood is also a bit darker on the top bass side where the players arm rest. These darker areas are cosmetic only. Please see photos and ask questions if you’d like to know more.

I bought this used this year and have loved playing it, but the neck of my Kamaka HF-3 just seems to fit my hand better, and this beautiful uke is not getting the playing time it deserves.

The following info is from the listing from which I bought the uke earlier this year. I am sharing this because the previous owner was much more knowledgeable about this uke than me.

“This is a player’s instrument as in it was used live in gigs for 1+ year. Therefore, minor wear isn’t uncommon, and more specifically strum wear can certainly be found around the general vicinity of the sound hole due to finger picking and vigorous play during gigs (noticeable when reflected in the right light). Once again, the light satin finish on this model shows slight signs of wearing on some of the strum marks around the sound hold and there's also a resting point where the palm sits on the lower bout that shows slight satin wear off (so it appears a little shinier in that area), a slight less than ~1 inch blemish top left bout facing forward just on the very edge of the ukulele, and some slight yellowing around the bridge (Ko'olau's owner John Kitakis said the minor reaction wasn't uncommon, and a simple google search did turn up results of exotic blonde woods having some bleed effect)”

Materials:
Hawaiian Ash Body
Mahogany neck
Ebony fingerboard and bridge
Ebony faceplate with pearl logo inlay
Pearl fingerboard position dots
Bone nut and saddle
Abalone rosette
Gotoh nickel geared
Satin finish
Hide Glue Construction

Specs:
Total length: 26-38”
Body Length: 12-1/16”
Body width/Upper bout/Lower bout: 6-1/2” 8-15/16”
Body Depth upper bout/Lower bout: 2-9/16” 3-1/8”
Fingerboard width at nut and 12th fret: 1-3/8” 1-11/16”
Soundhole diameter: 2-5/8”
Scale length: 16-15/16”
14 fret to body
100% Hawaiian made

The uke is currently strung with Worth clears with an Aquila wound low G. This will ship in a hard case that is in great condition w/my sticker collection decoration. I will also include 3 new Ko’olau stickers as pictured. Shipping will be to lower 48 only. As you know, Ko’olau ukuleles are highly sought after and this tenor made of Hawaiian ash is special. In the linked YouTube video, Mike Love is playing this exact ukulele in the Ko’olau showroom on Oahu, and the video has 3.25 million views.

Sold "As-Described"?NoYoutube Video

Attachments

• IMG_5308.jpeg
    IMG_5308.jpeg
    429.7 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_5309.jpeg
    IMG_5309.jpeg
    112.8 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_5310.jpeg
    IMG_5310.jpeg
    108.6 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_5311.jpeg
    IMG_5311.jpeg
    504.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_5312.png
    IMG_5312.png
    732.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_5313.jpeg
    IMG_5313.jpeg
    363.1 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_5314.jpeg
    IMG_5314.jpeg
    97.5 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_5317.jpeg
    IMG_5317.jpeg
    134.3 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_5335.jpeg
    IMG_5335.jpeg
    165.9 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_6294.jpeg
    IMG_6294.jpeg
    75.6 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Another Houston native here! It seems so fitting to sit on Seawall boulevard playing ukulele watching the waves crash, and or watching the sun go up or down!

Indeed! If you come to Galveston on a Saturday, come sit in with our Galveston Ukulele Society - we have had guests from Houkulele join us in the past - info on our Facebook page!

Ooooh! Fun! I'll be visiting home in June for two weeks, so I'll be sure to come to Galveston! Can't wait to come jam!

Price drop on the Ko’olau T100!

Top Bottom