Projectors

Jerryc41

Reaction score
I went to a uke jam last night, and the leader used a tiny "Apemans" digital projector. It measured about 6" x 6" x 1". This group ordinarily meets in a building that has wiring for a large-screen TV, but they were somewhere else last night, so they needed the projector. That sure beats having to bring books and music stands. I wish I had an excuse to buy a projector because there are many available for under $100. The leader made frequent use of "Jim's Songs" which is an excellent resource.

I went to a uke jam last night, and the leader used a tiny "Apemans" digital projector. It measured about 6" x 6" x 1". This group ordinarily meets in a building that has wiring for a large-screen TV, but they were somewhere else last night, so they needed the projector. That sure beats having to bring books and music stands. I wish I had an excuse to buy a projector because there are many available for under $100. The leader made frequent use of "Jim's Songs" which is an excellent resource.

What a great idea!

I know of a few groups which work that way, but for the time being my group meets outdoors in the day, so a projector is not possible. Those small projectors are called PICO, Amazon for $179.

PICO projector.jpg

Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
4 tenor thinline cutaway ukes, 3 thinline acoustic bass ukes, 5 solid body bass ukes
•Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
•Member Cali Rose & The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

There was a Lenovo Android tablet a few years ago with a built-in projector, so you could easily project the screen onto the wall. Always fancied it for this sort of task, but sadly they dropped the whole line before prices approached an affordable level for me. I suspect it might have been a little weak compared to a dedicated projector.

F298F25B-3F90-491B-8F03-67A8602E75F3.jpeg

Our club just bought a projector for less than $200. It's a new one with an LED light. Works great. Our old one went down for the count.

We meet at a Moose Lodge and needed something bright enough to be seen on a screen in a normally lit room. That 40 to 50 people can see.

We tried some of the small/tiny ones and they just didn't put out enough light to work in the large room.

Top Bottom