Strings Purely curious: can a low G nylon classical guitar string be used as a uke low G?

Do u mine sharing a link? I am getting bouzouki strings when I search 508. Thanks.
I suggest this link to the 908: https://www.stringsbymail.com/la-be...th-string-d-medium-high-tension-030-3837.html
”La Bella 908 Elite Classical - 4th string (D) medium-high tension classical guitar string .030”

” Also great as a wound Low "G" string for ukuleles

Review by Larry U. on 26 Mar 2023review stating Also great as a wound Low "G" string for ukuleles
For several years, I used Fremont Soloist smooth-wound Low "G" strings on my ukuleles, but they are sometimes hard to find. I saw a recommendation to try using this LaBella string as a substitute and gave them a try. I can't tell the difference and this LaBella "D" string sounds and plays identically and is a couple of bucks cheaper than the FremoRead more about For several years, I used Fremont
nts. I suspect they are actually the same string with different packaging. ”

Yeah 908 is the correct one. But I had the impression that 508 is from another set.

I've used La Bella 908 for ukulele low-G. Price is about $2 each, which is half the price of Fremont Soloist for apparently the same thing.

I suggest this link to the 908: https://www.stringsbymail.com/la-be...th-string-d-medium-high-tension-030-3837.html
”La Bella 908 Elite Classical - 4th string (D) medium-high tension classical guitar string .030”

” Also great as a wound Low "G" string for ukuleles

Review by Larry U. on 26 Mar 2023review stating Also great as a wound Low "G" string for ukuleles
For several years, I used Fremont Soloist smooth-wound Low "G" strings on my ukuleles, but they are sometimes hard to find. I saw a recommendation to try using this LaBella string as a substitute and gave them a try. I can't tell the difference and this LaBella "D" string sounds and plays identically and is a couple of bucks cheaper than the FremoRead more about For several years, I used Fremont
nts. I suspect they are actually the same string with different packaging. ”
Hey, I know that guy. Trust his reviews...he's great! :p

Top Bottom