Rebel Owners Club

The Rebel - Double Creme Mango Concert.

One of the few mango ukes that I think look good. Sounds nice, also! ;)

IMG_8706.jpg

@just yo @July Bangkok awesome that you two are here! I for one would love to see some behind the scenes of your process or just some teasers like yo posted in another thread.

Thanks for being involved with our forum!
Hi Teddy
We love to share more "behind the scenes" for the past projects and the new coming projects too.
Thank you for your warm welcome.

Hello Yo & July Bangkok,

Thanks for joining our group. We love to hear about the process of designing and building our favorite instruments. Your insights are fascinating.

I have been intrigued by your company since I first saw the N.E.O. listed on TUS (The Ukulele Site). They were innovative, unique and sounded terrific. And they sold very quickly. Not to mention Baz' review of the Quark tenor. Which I really like.

I also loved the Pluto design. I was too slow to buy that as well. Timing is everything.

Your custom designs are beautiful. And someday, I may be able to acquire one.

In the meantime, I am content to play my The Rebel Mango Tenor Double Creme / Matte 1-Series (what a name). It's a joy to play. With a very high "fun" factor. I think it sounds and plays way above it's cost.

I really admire your organizaton's philosophy of pushing the boundaries while also making terrific, affordable, lovely, more conventional ukuleles.
Hi Kenn2018
Thank you so much. We are trying to develop some more projects that more fun and better everyday.
We are really aprreciated for your kind supports.

I still like it but my concerts aren't getting enough playtime. Tenors, Baritone, and even Guitar(!) seem to be my focus for now. It may go back on the market again, but for now, it's resting comfortably. 😌

I started in concerts but my first tenor experience was a long neck concert mango!

Attachments

• 20200718_122607.jpg
    20200718_122607.jpg
    721.5 KB · Views: 31
The Rebel - Double Creme Mango Concert.

One of the few mango ukes that I think look good. Sounds nice, also! ;)

View attachment 152684

Thank you Larry for sharing this pic and you comment we will working harder :)

This is a fascinating thread with wonderful insight by 'just yo.'

I have been coveting a Rebel since I first heard about them. Someday...

thank you Wiggy for noticing us, Hope one day we can served you 😆

Wonderful idea for a thread! Thank you, Yo, for posting the pics from the Rebel webpage. Having never (yet) owned a Rebel, I now understand the aesthetic differences between "Cheesecake, "Double Cheese" and "Creme Brulee".

Hello Oldscruggsfan thank you for reading the long post, if you have any suggestion or comments us we really love to hear :)

Wow Jerryc41 you got the prototype one!! that was like the mother of and got 2 uke from us that's great!!?
and Thank you very much for supporting us and if you have any comment or suggestion please feel free to give a feedback us

if you don't mind to tell me c41 does it come from the chemical for developing color negative film?

I adore The Rebel ukes & have this prototype mango soprano that has a most incredible sound. I purchased my first The Rebel mango sop from a UU member (thanks CPG!) with exceptionally curly mango wood. Gifted to my sister when she fell in love with it. We’re due for a practice session soon!

Attachments

• 1C0111CA-2F15-4850-91C1-16D0C3CE9412.jpeg
    1C0111CA-2F15-4850-91C1-16D0C3CE9412.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 26
  • 4354C245-0AE0-4435-9818-BC188446CF5D.jpeg
    4354C245-0AE0-4435-9818-BC188446CF5D.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 26
I adore The Rebel ukes & have this prototype mango soprano that has a most incredible sound. I purchased my first The Rebel mango sop from a UU member (thanks CPG!) with exceptionally curly mango wood. Gifted to my sister when she fell in love with it. We’re due for a practice session soon!
Wow so unique! Especially the binding. Thanks for sharing!

My double creme is fantastic!
IMG_20230528_081225872_copy_1228x1632.jpg

Two questions:
  1. Why is the sticker placed where it is, where the player can feel it? Is it possible to get a new one (old one is losing its stick after moving it 😟)?
  2. Why the change in tuner buttons last/this year? I thought the black keystones were pretty characteristic of Rebel.

My double creme is fantastic!
View attachment 152780

Two questions:
  1. Why is the sticker placed where it is, where the player can feel it? Is it possible to get a new one (old one is losing its stick after moving it 😟)?
  2. Why the change in tuner buttons last/this year? I thought the black keystones were pretty characteristic of Rebel.
Hello badhabits

First of all we would like to apologize about the sticker position and we will changed the position place from now one. and we will send you a new sticker 🙇‍♂️

The reason why we changed come from the feedback of the customers

That saw a very small traced detailed on the black keystone and felt that it's not on the perfect condition.

So we checked it with the makers they told us that a small traced happened during the process of production only (black) and they can't do anything with it.

so there s not much choice left. ( I also love the black keystone 😞 )

Nothing personal but sometimes it's hard to choose the one you love or the one around you

Hope my answer can help

And thank you for supporting us 🙏
If it's possible in the future we might consider to accept the order that customer can choose it. :)

Last edited:
Hooray - I can join a special club. There is something special about my double creme longneck concert.

Great to hear the insights from July Bangkok and Just Yo on this thread too - the passion for the instruments is really clear. Hmm... should I buy another one, maybe a cheesecake?

Hello badhabits

First of all we would like to apologize about the sticker position and we will changed the position place from now one. and we will send you a new sticker 🙇‍♂️

The reason why we changed come from the feedback of the customers

That saw a very small traced detailed on the black keystone and felt that it's not on the perfect condition.

So we checked it with the makers they told us that a small traced happened during the process of production only (black) and they can't do anything with it.

so there s not much choice left. ( I also love the black keystone 😞 )

Nothing personal but sometimes it's hard to choose the one you love or the one around you

Hope my answer can help

And thank you for supporting us 🙏
If it's possible in the future we might consider to accept the order that customer can choose it. :)
Thank you! It is not a big deal... I think the keystone button matches the headstock nicely. but it shows Rebel is responsive to customers, good for you!

Thank you! It is not a big deal... I think the keystone button matches the headstock nicely. but it shows Rebel is responsive to customers, good for you!

All the feedback make us grow and build a better ukulele :)

Hey I m just discussed with July Bangkok about have something like a contest an easy funny things that peoples can enjoy and we provided a secret reward do you guy have any ideas

All the feedback make us grow and build a better ukulele :)

Hey I m just discussed with July Bangkok about have something like a contest an easy funny things that peoples can enjoy and we provided a secret reward do you guy have any ideas
Couple ideas:

1. Photo contest, come up with some creative way to showcase your ukulele or rebel ukulele.

2. Song contest where people could upload videos of themselves playing.

3. You (Rebel) could post some sound clips of the same song/medoloy but with different rebel models (sound only so we can't see) and we try to guess either the model or wood tones?

Couple ideas:

1. Photo contest, come up with some creative way to showcase your ukulele or rebel ukulele.

3. You (Rebel) could post some sound clips of the same song/medoloy but with different rebel models (sound only so we can't see) and we try to guess either the model or wood tones?
Fun ideas!!!

Couple ideas:

Sound great!! i Love the ideas on no. 1 and no.3 maybe i can developed from this cuz i love to see some easy games that anyone can participated
Should we post on the forum UU contest? or here since i'm new here i dont want to against the rules thank you

Sound great!! i Love the ideas on no. 1 and no.3 maybe i can developed from this cuz i love to see some easy games that anyone can participated
Should we post on the forum UU contest? or here since i'm new here i dont want to against the rules thank you
YES! The SOTU section is its own thing, and kind of subsumes any other contests, but if you post content often to your contest thread (once you create it) it will get noticed. I'll make sure to monitor it and comment regularly to keep it from getting totally lost 😊

Top Bottom