Recommend a music/laptop stand?

Oh, well the original size iPad works fine too. It's just a smaller format. But, ForScore still displays the entire page on the screen. I take my original size with me in the side pockets of Tenor Uke gig bags, and I take my old Mini iPad with me in the side pockets of Concert Ukes. I even slip the Mini into a Soprano bag under the Uke. I just like using my big iPad here in my music room and around the house. And, it's easier to use for editing. I keep ForScore organized and edited on the big one, and sync the others to it through iCloud.
The ability to use the Apple Pencil is handy, although I don’t do it that much, and somewhat more portability is nice, too. The iPad with ForScore is a great tool for music. The MacBook with ForScore is also good—you can see two full-size pages at once, and they aren’t much smaller than a regular iPad—bigger than a mini! I use it at my desk a lot. I like that ForScore syncs up all my devices. I’ve even used it on my phone in the car a time or two. My wish was to use the computer at groups, not just at home, as well as the iPad. I’ve gotten a lot of good suggestions, thanks!

Manhasset Voyager if you need something portable.

I do this at home, but my stand isn’t steady enough that I’d trust it to hold my computer.
I bought this one. It was about $40 at a megastore. Tough as nails and packs up nicely.

I also used my laptop to work with chords and record a demo version of my song. However, it wasn't the best idea, and you'll see why. After a week of recording and processing the sound, I put all the files in one of the folders on my laptop. One morning, I decided to listen again to the fruit of my efforts, but I did not find it. I tried not to panic because almost any data can be recovered, salvagedata.com often helps me with this. But I am confused by the fact that my data disappeared for no reason. If you are mixing audio with programs on your computer, transfer the data to another medium just in case.

Last edited:
Yes, IF you were in a situation where you were concerned about it being bumped and being knocked off, something like this one might be a better choice (although, it could also be knocked over, depending on how rowdy that group is!)

I may order one of these myself!

Top Bottom