Recommend me a piece of sound equipment please? I'm unsure what I'm looking for.

Voran

Reaction score
Is there any sort of 2-channel mixer I can use to combine voice and guitar? I don't like recording voice and strings separately, it feels weirdly disorientating to me

Is there any sort of 2-channel mixer I can use to combine voice and guitar? I don't like recording voice and strings separately, it feels weirdly disorientating to me
Plenty of options depending on the rest of your setup. If it is for recording then many USB audio interfaces will be 2 in, 2 out. If you wanted them recorded already mixed that would be done on the computer. Otherwise there are plenty of 2 channel (or 3, 4, 6 channel where there are two fader channels often with only one channel having a mic preamp) that can send a mixed output to your recording device. Then it depends on price etc. There are ones like Behringer Xenyx 302, Yamaha MG06 but noting that except for some DJ mixers most will bill themselves as 3, 4 or 6 channel with 2 channels having full controls and the others being for connecting mp3 players etc.

Plenty of options depending on the rest of your setup. If it is for recording then many USB audio interfaces will be 2 in, 2 out. If you wanted them recorded already mixed that would be done on the computer. Otherwise there are plenty of 2 channel (or 3, 4, 6 channel where there are two fader channels often with only one channel having a mic preamp) that can send a mixed output to your recording device. Then it depends on price etc. There are ones like Behringer Xenyx 302, Yamaha MG06 but noting that except for some DJ mixers most will bill themselves as 3, 4 or 6 channel with 2 channels having full controls and the others being for connecting mp3 players etc.
I'm gonna get a Behringer Xenyx I think. Thanks.

I get that I'm being a whiny child but I hate doing voice and strings separately. All my muscle memory comes undone.

What mics are you going to be using? There's going to be some bleeding between the voice and uke sounds; i.e. you'll never get as clean as recording them separately.

Sometimes, just 1 mic is needed; you can put it closer to your uke or your mouth to get the perfect blend.

What mics are you going to be using? There's going to be some bleeding between the voice and uke sounds; i.e. you'll never get as clean as recording them separately.

Sometimes, just 1 mic is needed; you can put it closer to your uke or your mouth to get the perfect blend.
Can't remember the model make of my microphone actually. I'll have a look.

Top Bottom