Repairs finished!

revdocjim

Reaction score
A while ago I posted about the crack I caused in the sound board of my Kamaka HF-2. Ten days ago I took it to my luthier, Tatsuro Furubayashi and dropped it off. He fixed the crack, refinished a section of the top, buffed the entire top in order to restore the gloss that had worn off in a few spots, and sent it back. It arrived today and looks great! He charged me the equivalent of $80, including shipping. Needless to say, I am very happy!

Attachments

• HORIZON_0001_BURST20230916194503317_COVER.JPG
    HORIZON_0001_BURST20230916194503317_COVER.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 41
A while ago I posted about the crack I caused in the sound board of my Kamaka HF-2. Ten days ago I took it to my luthier, Tatsuro Furubayashi and dropped it off. He fixed the crack, refinished a section of the top, buffed the entire top in order to restore the gloss that had worn off in a few spots, and sent it back. It arrived today and looks great! He charged me the equivalent of $80, including shipping. Needless to say, I am very happy!
Is he F’s Ukulele , I need a G-String done that has all the finish cracked
I am up north in Aomori, Japan

Is he F’s Ukulele , I need a G-String done that has all the finish cracked
I am up north in Aomori, Japan
Yes, F's Uke is his primary brand. He also makes KOU brand and Furubayashi brand ukes. Different brands for different vendors is how he explained it to me. He does really good work. You can find his homepage by searching F's Uke.

Kudos to Mr. Furubayashi. And I agree, he doesn't charge enough for his work.

Last edited:
Top Bottom