Retuning a Concert Ukulele to DGBE & some DIY setting up

Hi folks, I retuned one of my Concert Ukuleles to DGBE and took a few photos to show the setting up process.
Hope you find it entertaining or useful :)

Amazing! I'm looking forward to the day I know enough and feel confident enough to mod my ukes!

Amazing! I'm looking forward to the day I know enough and feel confident enough to mod my ukes!
Thank you.
Mistakes were made along the way - perhaps experiment on some less expensive instruments first :D

I learned about doing setups and stuff online because I found that I am quite a fussy person.
It's hard to convey to a luthier exactly how I want an instrument to feel; and it's not a simple matter of giving numbers like "make it x mm at the saddle" because different numbers feel different on different instruments. I have to be the one sanding the saddle and filing the nut until it reaches the sweetspot (and if I go to far, I have to start again).

It got triggered this one time I kept taking an instrument back to the luthier because despite his best effort it wasn't what I wanted (and I felt he was getting irritated at me :D )

Top Bottom