Wanted Romero creations baritone 6-string (nylon)

Price
$800
Shipping
Will pay
Size
Guitalele

Hanzalot

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've had my eye on these for a while and now I simply can't justify holding back any longer :). I would very much like to buy a Romero Creations Baritone 6-string (nylon), so please get in touch if you have one you would like to sell.
A little hard to name a precise price, but I'm sure we can work something out (I will of course pay more if seller is inside the EU). I will cover the shipping cost from anywhere in the world.

Thanks,
Hans

Last edited:
Are you looking for one with the traditional shape, or like a Tiny Tenor? I have one of the latter, probably played a total of less than an hour. Mint condition.

Thanks but it is indeed the traditionally shaped one I'm looking for.

A few options I found...

Thanks lanzon - I did see those but since I'm in the EU and taxes and customs add about 30% I was hoping to find a used one for about $800 (the Elderly is $1169 new so it seems reasonable).

Are you planning to tune it E To E? I think the sweet spot for this is G to G. I have both the B6(G to G) and dHo6(E to E). I prefer the 14 fret to body of the dHo6 for playing up the fretboard. But the B6 is more compact. I got the dHo6 later and between the 2 I find myself playing the dHo6 more these days. Here is a side by side IMG_6442.jpeg

Look great! And yes, I've heard that G-g is the way to go so that's what I'm planning to do as well. Looks like your B6 is 20"scale?

Look great! And yes, I've heard that G-g is the way to go so that's what I'm planning to do as well. Looks like your B6 is 20"scale?
they all are. Unless you get a handmade Pepe, which is 19”. They dho6 is 21”

they all are. Unless you get a handmade Pepe, which is 19”. They dho6 is 21”
I was told by the ukulele site that they changed the B6 to 21" at some point. I at least know of a mango B6 that's 21".

Can anyone speak to how these compare to the 6 string parlor Pono guitar? I’m not sure they are still offered but they do pop up time to time on Marketplace. @LSamuels had one that was was sold recently. That one had a 21.5” scale I believe and maybe 1.8” nut? I needed to make myself sell a few guitars just to have room for another guitar but that one got sold before I got my guitars sold. But would seriously like to know what other options are out there, in solid wood.

Can anyone speak to how these compare to the 6 string parlor Pono guitar? I’m not sure they are still offered but they do pop up time to time on Marketplace. @LSamuels had one that was was sold recently. That one had a 21.5” scale I believe and maybe 1.8” nut? I needed to make myself sell a few guitars just to have room for another guitar but that one got sold before I got my guitars sold. But would seriously like to know what other options are out there, in solid wood.
Ah, the one I sold was steel string, and I have never played the Romero Creations models, so I'm afraid I'm no help here!

When I was at HMS I played both the Pono and the RC and ended up buying the dho6 even though I already have the B6.

Great question Keith. I would email the good folks at The Uke Site and ask em. They, of course are very familiar with both.

But I'll share what I know. I owned a Pono steel stringed bari at one point. It had the scale length you mentioned, 21.5 inches. I liked it a lot. But of course, it only had 4 strings. The Pono parlors I know of have a 27 inch scale . . . The other thing to note is the RC6 is much lighter than the Pono 21.5 inch bari - that might be because it was prepared for steel strings vs the RC with nylon. Mine Pono was the pre-lattice braced version.

Before buying my RC6, I tried a variety of models. It was more money than I wanted to spend, but I'm very happy with it. I'm somewhat over the honeymoon phase with it now but still find myself gawking at the tones it produces. I don't know of anything out there that compares to it. I have it tuned E to E. It is a 21 inch scale. I also have owned a lattice brace Pono master series baritone. Very nice instrument but I prefer the RC 6 (even just playing the DGBE strings) to it. Good luck with your search.

When I was at HMS I played both the Pono and the RC and ended up buying the dho6 even though I already have the B6.
@Contrails Is the RC the dreadnought body or do they have different bodies available?
Great question Keith. I would email the good folks at The Uke Site and ask em. They, of course are very familiar with both.
@about2 Better question than I thought lol. I was under the impression that it was a steel string, not that it’s all that important

Thanks for your input.

@Contrails Is the RC the dreadnought body or do they have different bodies available?

@about2 Better question than I thought lol. I was under the impression that it was a steel string, not that it’s all that important

Thanks for your input.
I bought the tiny tenor shape dHo6. Haven’t played their dreadnought 6 strings. They were not available when I was buying them. I have played their new dreadnought shape (tiny tenors sizes) and I find them too bright for my own liking. I have the cedar/rosewood version. Later on I had a chance to play the Pau Ferro version. In my opinion it was better sounding especially the A string compared to mine. Honestly if you r looking for a small guitar I think these are the really wonderful. The B6 is 12 fret to body and the dHo6 is 14. The B6 does feel more compact because of that but playing near the 12th fret is a challenge. The dHo6 due to its shape allows much easier access to those regions. The 1in difference in scale is not so noticeable playing wise when you compare between them.

Look for one with the gotoh planetary tuners. Sometimes they come with side mounted tuners that don’t seem to have a brand printed on them. They don’t feel as good as the gotoh ones

Last edited:
I bought the tiny tenor shape dHo6. Haven’t played their dreadnought 6 strings. They were not available when I was buying them. I have played their new dreadnought shape (tiny tenors sizes) and I find them too bright for my own liking. I have the cedar/rosewood version. Later on I had a chance to play the Pau Ferro version. In my opinion it was better sounding especially the A string compared to mine. Honestly if you r looking for a small guitar I think these are the really wonderful. The B6 is 12 fret to body and the dHo6 is 14. The B6 does feel more compact because of that but playing near the 12th fret is a challenge. The dHo6 due to its shape allows much easier access to those regions. The 1in difference in scale is not so noticeable playing wise when you compare between them.

Look for one with the gotoh planetary tuners. Sometimes they come with side mounted tuners that don’t seem to have a brand printed on them. They don’t feel as good as the gotoh ones
Great insight. Thank you!

Six string baritone is more like a little guitar. There was some buzz around the Aqulla micro guitar which I think is even smaller, but haven't heard anything about it in a while. Has anyone tried it?
Thanks, that's a pretty impressive video. I fired off an email just to see.

Top Bottom