Romero Creations Tiny Tenor 6 string Guilele Discontinued!

Towser

Reaction score
Hi all,
I just spoke with Pepe Romero the other day and he had said unfortunately they were going to have to stop production of the TT-6’s due to lack of sales and popularity with that series. Definitely a bummer. I know they are not super popular but I love the sound of the TT-6’s. It is my main instrument. I have one in spruce/mahogany, mango and I liked that one so much I just bought another one from the Ukulele Site. They have 2 left in mango. It seems as of now, once they are gone they are gone. He is toying around with the idea of one offs for that model but he said production takes so long and that had also been an issue. I’ll do what ever I can to support Romero Creations. Super nice guy and I think he makes an incredibly good product.

Hi all,
I just spoke with Pepe Romero the other day and he had said unfortunately they were going to have to stop production of the TT-6’s due to lack of sales and popularity with that series. Definitely a bummer. I know they are not super popular but I love the sound of the TT-6’s. It is my main instrument. I have one in spruce/mahogany, mango and I liked that one so much I just bought another one from the Ukulele Site. They have 2 left in mango. It seems as of now, once they are gone they are gone. He is toying around with the idea of one offs for that model but he said production takes so long and that had also been an issue. I’ll do what ever I can to support Romero Creations. Super nice guy and I think he makes an incredibly good product.
I agree. The sound and tone coming of out them is very nice. But I don’t own one. I find 17in scale too cramp for me. I have the B6 which is really nice too. But it gives a different tone. Longer scale and lower tuning. G to G. I was at HMS a few days ago and got to play a lot of the RC that just got in. I ended up getting at DHo6 21in scale in Cedar rosewood. I’m even got to try Pepe’s own handmade 19in scale 6 string. Not that I could afford it. But Andrew let me try it still. He is such a super guy.

Hi all,
I was just looking at an RC replica tenor- so appealing but they're built with 38.1mm nut width. I struggle with 37mm. I need to look at the guilele...

I was just looking at an RC replica tenor- so appealing but they're built with 38.1mm nut width. I struggle with 37mm. I need to look at the guilele...
And the necks are thin. I struggle with thin necks. My thumb hurts after playing for a while.
I know exactly what you’re talking about. I had a RC Grand Tenor and the neck was too thin for me too. Almost an immediate hand cramp. Once I got my tiny tenor guilele, it was the most comfortable neck I’ve ever set my hands on.

Oh, bummer! I love mine, it really does have a unique sound or ring to it. However, the 17 inch scale does feel a bit cramped to me, so I have come to prefer my guilele/kiku/mini guitar type of instruments with a scale length in between 19 to 21 inches.

Oh, bummer! I love mine, it really does have a unique sound or ring to it. However, the 17 inch scale does feel a bit cramped to me, so I have come to prefer my guilele/kiku/mini guitar type of instruments with a scale length in between 19 to 21 inches.

I agree with you Rainer. I had the the 6 string baritone with 20" scale length which played and sounded wonderful. This was the traditional figure 8 body shape. For what it's worth Brenda had the TT shaped baritone and playing both at the same time her TT shape supported low notes (both tuned DGBE) better then my figure 8 shape.

Sorry for the thread jack, I've always been intrigued by the TT6 and have come close to buying one a few times

What wood did you choose for TT-6? I understand about about the feeling a bit cramped on the 17” scale. i have a Martin Terz Guitar with a 21.38” scale that I love. Unfortunately, due to a medical condition I can’t stretch out my arms for long periods of time, so keeping everything in super close allows me to continue to play comfortably. I have had to learn to adapt and get super creative. Kinda of like what Django Reinhardt had to do when his fingers fused together or Les Paul changing his playing style to adapt to his severe arthritis, not that I’m putting myself in the same league as them! I feel it’s making me a better player and forcing me to master the fretboard. I have to find unique chord voicings I would never normally choose. This is where combining ukulele chord voicings along with regular guitar chords come in handy on the guilele. I keep one TT-6 (Mahogany/Spruce) in standard A to a tuning and the other (Mango ) in E to e. My Mango TT-6 that is in regular E to e standard guitar tuning has a set of Romero Baby Baritone strings for the eBGD and Aquila Red’s for the A and Low E. The A and the Low E strings also being colored red also helps me separate the fretboard into baritone ukulele chords and regular guitar chord. I have a book of 2,160 baritone ukulele chords to choose from.
With this string combo I have normal tension on the strings and I don’t lose resonance. I am able to drive the top and dig in without it breaking up or sounding floppy. Since my medical condition the TT-6 with this custom string set is the only setup that’s working for me that I actually like the sound. I am even able to do drop D tuning. My intonation is still good and because I like my action a little on the high side there is no buzzing. Lastly, the TT-6’s are so small and inconspicuous that I am able to sit in the corner of a cafe and play quietly to work on songs or to practice without disturbing anyone.

Last edited:
And the necks are thin. I struggle with thin necks. My thumb hurts after playing for a while.
I can't seem to find any information regarding Pepe Romero utilizing radiused fretboards. That would be a mitigating factor for me.

I can't seem to find any information regarding Pepe Romero utilizing radiused fretboards. That would be a mitigating factor for me.
Here is a blurb from Peter Frary’s review of the TT-6. Here he writes about the comfort of the neck: “I'm used to flat classical fingerboards but found Tiny's slightly radiused fingerboard comfortable. I could play with ease and confidence all the way to the 17th fret. Upper fret access was excellent due to the narrow upper bout, almost like a cutaway, and the fingerboard joining the body at the 14th fret. String resistance is in the same ball park as a tenor ukulele. I could play for hours with little fatigue”.

Top Bottom