San Jose ukers!!

Hey Heather,

I'm in to do a couple of songs. I don't have any videos, but I've played with jjsdad, russ_buss, and I_am_robbyah in recent weekends, so they could speak for me.

Mike

Heather,

I vouch for HeavyJumbo. He's got a nice voice and knows lots of songs. But, then you haven't heard me play, so what do I know... :D

Oh! I'm sure you guys are all awesome!! I was just curious about the vids. All are welcome! Just get yourselves there and whoever wants to play, plays! My husband is bringing his pro video equipment. So we'll be taping for YouTube for anyone who wants it.

Mike, I'd love to see you play!! jjsdad- you should play too!!!

Let's all just drink and play and have a great day!!
-Heather

aaaahhhh shoots! I just went back an looked at the time -- for whatever reason, I figured it started at 4, not ending... My niece's party gets over at 230 and with the way filipinos say goodbye, i'll be on my way at 315... I'd be showin up after everyone's been on their way. :mad:

let this be ur trial run... i'll def try an get in on the next one. Have a great time guys!

aaaahhhh shoots! I just went back an looked at the time -- for whatever reason, I figured it started at 4, not ending... My niece's party gets over at 230 and with the way filipinos say goodbye, i'll be on my way at 315... I'd be showin up after everyone's been on their way. :mad:

let this be ur trial run... i'll def try an get in on the next one. Have a great time guys!

Rats Rob!! I knew it was a long shot. Ah well. We certainly will revisit this event. Thanks for trying!!! -Heather

Good News

I don't have to work so I'll be there.
I'm just gonna watch cus I'm uke-less for now but I should be getting a cedar top kala soon so I'll bring that to whatever you set up next

Heather,

Thanks for putting this together. I had a great time and even embarrassed myself without having to drink a few beers...

It was nice to meet all you folks. Everyone who played was great (although I was really, really, nervous... ;) ) We had some exceptional singing, harmonica playing, one awesome instrumental, and some fun group jams. My only wish was that I could have stayed longer to jam with everyone. I hope Heather and Dave were serious about making this a regular venue. :)

Can someone post that group photo so that we can associate names with faces? I'm really bad at that kind of thing so I'm sorry not to thank or contact people individually.

Heather,

Thanks for putting this together. I had a great time and even embarrassed myself without having to drink a few beers...

It was nice to meet all you folks. Everyone who played was great (although I was really, really, nervous... ;) ) We had some exceptional singing, harmonica playing, one awesome instrumental, and some fun group jams. My only wish was that I could have stayed longer to jam with everyone. I hope Heather and Dave were serious about making this a regular venue. :)

Can someone post that group photo so that we can associate names with faces? I'm really bad at that kind of thing so I'm sorry not to thank or contact people individually.
Heather,

It was absolutely my pleasure! You guys were all so fun, and jjsdad- your song was hysterical and so fun. You couldn't see any nervousness!! Also thanks to Ed, Aaron, and James... and unknown shy guitar guy- You were amazing- all! And to Yung (sorry if I spelled this wrong)... "YP983" you are freaking amazing! I'm sorry for everyone that did not get to see him play. It was a real treat. Video coming soon. And to HeavyJumbo for remembering to come on football sunday, and then playing a bunch of fun songs- thanks!! Special thanks to Russ Buss for his fabulous playing and super enthusiasm and support. Couldn't have followed through without you, Russ. Thanks.

So next??? Let's make this a habit. I had a blast with all of you!!!

xoxo
-Heather

Heather,
I'm so glad you all had a great time. I really wish I could have been there but it just didn't work.

BTW, I am responsible for letting Young Park know about the jam. He came to Main Street Brewery the last time we played there and we did a little jamming before my gig. He is an awesome player who is just starting out and will go really far. He's also a great guy as I'm sure you know after today.

Hope to see you in a couple weeks.

Heather,
I'm so glad you all had a great time. I really wish I could have been there but it just didn't work.

BTW, I am responsible for letting Young Park know about the jam. He came to Main Street Brewery the last time we played there and we did a little jamming before my gig. He is an awesome player who is just starting out and will go really far. He's also a great guy as I'm sure you know after today.

Hope to see you in a couple weeks.

Dom, I have to tell you- Young made our day! He ripped on three songs after we all forced him to the stage. It was seriously a highlight today! Really fantastic player, and everyone was blown away. Thanks for telling him about our little jam! Young, if you're reading this, YOU ROCKED!!! (only the video will tell the WHOLE story!)

We missed ya Dom! Would love to see you when we do it again. In the meantime, I'm coming to your Pleasanton show on the 25th. SO looking forward to it!
-Heather

hey folks...that was super fun. it was exceptional getting to meet all of you and really enjoyed the great uke playing...btw, i'm the one with the wheels...hope for many more of these get-togethers...thanks, dinkadink, for setting this up...

hey folks...that was super fun. it was exceptional getting to meet all of you and really enjoyed the great uke playing...btw, i'm the one with the wheels...hope for many more of these get-togethers...thanks, dinkadink, for setting this up...

dbcali- let's do it again soon! I'm so happy you made it! Darn! I met so many people today... your "real" name again??? I wanna say "Ron"??? :confused:

-Heather
(by the way, could you tell that I couldn't wait to get back on UU to talk about this? eckh... I'm such an addict.)

aww man... i missed it!!! ended up being a pretty busy weekend.. just have to wait till the next one

Mani Saguana and I stopped by for a bit, that place has some really good food but we didn't get to stay to long and neither of us had ukuleles but it was cool to see that you guys actually get together. I belong to some other forums and no one sets up get togethers like these.

:cool:

yesterday was a lot of fun thanks heather for putting it together. im about to post up the pictures. ill let u all know after im done.

Top Bottom