Season 232 - Something to See

Greetings Uke Friends, _ **Watch video in second post to follow, this link had issues. **

OMG I made it. How I missed you all from the Seasons for a few weeks. Fishie ("Groot") and I tried to make this interesting. It's hard on crutches with limited software to change it up, but I think we did okay. I do love this song by CCR.

Ciao

Last edited:
Travelling Pirate

Brilliant host video. Great themes. However, we're on holiday in Ireland right now so I am not holding out much hope that I'll get an entry in this week. Next week we'll be in Jim's place, so there is more chance of submitting something. Meanwhile, keep them coming!

All the best from Cork -- Berni

Reloading Video - it was pixelating on my ipad so I uploaded a second time.

Back in 1980, I joined the Chapel Hill chapter of the Baker Street Irregulars, and it turned out several of the members liked to play poker. So we put together an occasional card game, which turned into an almost-weekly event until the summer of 1989, when I moved to Los Angeles for work. I spent the next 20 years in various places around the country, but every time I came back "home," we got together a game. Since 2009, when I returned for good (I hope), we've been able to gather enough of us to play three or four times a year. The five of us playing last night have been part of the group since 1986 or so. Since then, we've experienced marriages, divorces, kids, grandkids, and a lot of life. It's a pleasure being with this group every chance we get.

For the song, I chose Flatt & Scruggs' "Don't Let Your Deal Go Down," which isn't exactly about playing cards, but it's fun. Hope you enjoy.

Served straight from the iphone. Must have played this 4 times before I got a fairly good take :) Now, we'll be camping tomorrow night so I'll see what I can come up with for my second vid of something interesting to watch.

For Elman - She is indeed sweet! I prefer the smiling sexy ladies of the past- Nowadays looking sexy seems to mean looking like you want to murder someone and have to be all serious and sultry, rather than smiling. And who doesn't love a smile?!

Edited because I forgot to say that I really enjoyed your playing and singing on this too and twinkle in the eye :)

Edited again to remove the link to the wrong youtube account video : ) see post below this

Last edited:
Dear all,
sorry, I share sometimes the computer with my daughter, and used incidentally her unused YT-account (and have no idea of the password).

Have my video now also at the right place
https://youtu.be/jucObItop1c
(if possible, please change the YT-address in your UU-comments).

Last edited:
This week's theme inspired me to write this song. Sorry a bit of a melancholy number. Had fun making the video, was stuck with what to do for it until I remembered I had a rolling eyeball!

Last edited:
I'd really hoped to make this my first season, but I cant get that darn Bb chord down well enough. I've tried to do like 20 takes, but I mess up horribly somewhere, EVERYtime. How annoying! Keep up the good work folks :D!

I'd really hoped to make this my first season, but I cant get that darn Bb chord down well enough. I've tried to do like 20 takes, but I mess up horribly somewhere, EVERYtime. How annoying! Keep up the good work folks :D!

We all make mistakes, me especially, try not to put it off for too long - come & join us - no one bites! ;)

I saw a great youtube instructional which might help you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YafhDexY6I - minute 2.55 onwards he gives a great tip for how to bar chord, which I've been trying myself.

Second entry, in the "something to see" category. Or in this case, not much to see, such is the state of daytime television. But do look out for a guest appearance by Prince Harry.

I am a "newbie" and was struggling with Bb a couple of months ago .... now it seems pretty (fairly!) easy; keep at it and don't be discouraged. I have found that learning a new song every week for the "contest" has been a great help ... in fact, I think it's the only way I'm going to improve! All the best!

This will be a legendary season, no doubt about it. :) And it motivated me to learn using a new video editor.

Here is song "With One Look" from musical Sunset Boulevard. And some sea lions.

Top Bottom