Season 232 - Something to See

Well this idea came after this discussion started by cml :) Thought I would try and make you feel a little more at ease!

Linda, I just loved that, especially when you and your sister get together.

I don't dare show my bloopers, they usually involve obscenities :nana:

Slaughtering a perfectly good Who song ...Who's song ? Their song ..the Who...Who ? Them of course ...The Who....
It's a bit long maybe a bit tuneless here and mostly there and raucous...but hey ...it's rock....!!!....and an insane drumtrack tipping a wink and a nod to Mad Man Moon...my favourite ever drummer....

I've been working all week on a new original for the season, which I intend to post for Overlap Day. So here's a slideshow for entry #2.

Okay, here goes. I'm not happy at all with it, but thanks to Lelouden (Linda?) I'm posting it anyway. It's been "fun", or at least challenging and rewarding, trying to get it on camera :D. I must say (dont we all feel this way?) that I do much better WITHOUT the camera so far. It makes me nervous and prone to mistakes, and the title of the song I'm covering "Shy" is appropriate here with regards to how I feel about posting my first seasons' vid. I messed up so many times that I actually transposed the song to make it easier, and I still kept messing up. My best playthrough was when I was practicing in my garden (of course ;)).
Sorry for the sun glasses, I thought it would be fun with the theme, but it only looks ridiculous :(, but too late to change that now!

Lots of rambling, sorry, anyway here's my humble contribution.

Checking In and PRIZES!

Howdy Seasonistas!
I could swear I posted on this thread last night before I went to bed, but it seems to have gone into the ether. Anyway, I am so happy with the videos I'm seeing! I have watched them all more than once, and I'm catching up on commenting this morning, I hope. :) I love the side theme of blooper reels that has popped up. It's very encouraging, and a lot of fun to watch. I'm afraid most of my bloopers are also riddled by colorful language. :) I'm thrilled to see that cml made it this week, and did an excellent job!

Here are the T-shirt designs I have been working on this week. I make scientific and medical animations and illustrations in my "day job". And I've been trying to bring my visual art and my music together for a while, So when the idea for this design came, I knew I had to do it, and by offering it as a prize for this week's Season, I knew that I would have to get it done. I also managed to get some shirt designs made from my UAS virus artwork that I made a few months ago, so if the winners prefer on e of those designs, that will be fine as well. :)

UKU-DNA-1.jpgUKU-DNA-2.jpgUKU-DNA-3.jpgUKU-DNA-4.jpg

You can see all of the different color combinations and styles on my Redbubble site, HERE

Here is my entry:

Thanks cml!

And with that, the playlist is up to date. Please let me know if I have missed anyone! Also, a question: Are Seasons playlists usually public or private? because I've made this one public, but I've noticed a couple videos that are not public, and I'm worried I'm making a hosting faux pas.

I'm looking forward to the overlap posts, there are still a few conspicuously absent Seasonistas... :)

Also, a question: Are Seasons playlists usually public or private? because I've made this one public, but I've noticed a couple videos that are not public, and I'm worried I'm making a hosting faux pas.

I'm looking forward to the overlap posts, there are still a few conspicuously absent Seasonistas... :)

Personally, I think it's a distinction without a difference. We post the links to the playlist here, a publicly viewable site. I would guess that there are quite a few people reading these Seasons forum threads and viewing our videos from here that we are completely unaware of ... who do not post or comment much or ever. I would even bet that the number of those silent Seasons "attendees" might even be several times higher than the number who actively participate. If one is concerned about keeping these things private to "us", I think it's a false comfort to think that that's happening anyway.

Also, I'd guess that the likelihood that anyone ever stumbles across a publicly viewable Seasons playlist on YouTube purely by accident is infinitesimally small. It's never happened to me, and I'm an active player here, and always tag my YouTube videos with "Seasons of the Ukulele" and the Season number. I've even found it frequently almost impossible to find them when I'm actively searching for them on YouTube!

So 1) I think plenty of people we don't know about are watching from here - from the forum - already, and 2) nobody's finding us by accident via YouTube.

AND, I think it's a service to make the playlists public, so we can search for them on YouTube. I find it frustrating when I'm looking up an old Season from a year or two ago, to try to find the forum thread. I've rarely been able to successfully search for one, and it takes quite a lot of effort to page back through all the thread history to find a particular one. It works, but it's tedious.

To summarize, it's way too hard to find this stuff even when you're looking for it, so I don't think making the playlists public costs anybody anything ... and it may help "us" a little.

[Also, if someone's really concerned about people they don't know about finding their unlisted videos, they 1) could ask the host not to add theirs to the playlist, and 2) might reconsider posting them here in the forum at all. For those people, I think the forum is by far the bigger concern than the playlist.

I figure it's on the poster to ask if they're that concerned. I always make my playlists public, and figure any video posted in the thread (which is also public) can safely be added to a public playlist.]

Oh, and yeah, I'm one of those absent Seasonistas. I'm going away for a week to a folk festival Monday morning, crazy busy getting ready for that ... was just dropping by for the first time since last weekend and saw that! So sorry, John!

Also, a question: Are Seasons playlists usually public or private? because I've made this one public, but I've noticed a couple videos that are not public, and I'm worried I'm making a hosting faux pas.

I've always made them public when I've hosted.

Howdy Seasonistas!
I could swear I posted on this thread last night before I went to bed, but it seems to have gone into the ether. Anyway, I am so happy with the videos I'm seeing! I have watched them all more than once, and I'm catching up on commenting this morning, I hope. :) I love the side theme of blooper reels that has popped up. It's very encouraging, and a lot of fun to watch. I'm afraid most of my bloopers are also riddled by colorful language. :) I'm thrilled to see that cml made it this week, and did an excellent job!

Here are the T-shirt designs I have been working on this week. I make scientific and medical animations and illustrations in my "day job". And I've been trying to bring my visual art and my music together for a while, So when the idea for this design came, I knew I had to do it, and by offering it as a prize for this week's Season, I knew that I would have to get it done. I also managed to get some shirt designs made from my UAS virus artwork that I made a few months ago, so if the winners prefer on e of those designs, that will be fine as well. :)

View attachment 93002View attachment 93003View attachment 93004View attachment 93005

You can see all of the different color combinations and styles on my Redbubble site, HERE

John Im glad your ok with the blooper reels. The conversation made me realize that when you first start the seasons you really do look at the seasonistas as one takers. NOPE.....not me :)

I LOVE the designs. They are really great and will make someone very very excited to be chosen this week!

Last edited:
When I'm Cleaning Windows

Who has something to see?
- A window cleaner!

I can't quite match Formby, and couldn't manage a fancy video, but, well, obviously someone had to do this old Formby song.

A little note on the public playlist.

I have always kept mine public thinking that those individuals that make their vids unlisted would stay unlisted. This makes me realize that Im probably wrong if its added to a public playlist. There are several people that do unlist so the general public doesn't see them. Im now rethinking this. I think anyone that visited directly through UU is welcome to see those unlisted vids by the participant.

Im thinking now that making the playlist unlisted is the way to go.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback on the playlists. And before I cause even more confusion, I think it is "unlisted" that we want if we want to keep the playlist from the world at large. I think things that are listed as "private" are only viewable by the uploader or playlist-maker. :)

A little note on the public playlist.

I have always kept mine public thinking that those individuals that make their vids unlisted would stay unlisted. This makes me realize that Im probably wrong if its added to a public playlist. There are several people that do unlist so the general public doesn't see them. Im now rethinking this. I think anyone that visited directly through UU is welcome to see those unlisted vids by the participant.

Im thinking now that making the playlist unlisted is the way to go.

I unlisted a video for the local songwriter season a couple of weeks back and youtube said that unlisted means they can't be found through a search in youtube, but anyone with the link could find them. So, anyone following the playlist from here could find them, or by obviously just scrolling down through the posts on this forum. Private, as manfrog pointed out here is when only the youtuber can see the video and no one else at all.

As an aside, when I've searched for ukulele songs, many of your videos came up in youtube and I was wondering what this season thing was until I became one of you :) I personally prefer public listing for that reason. I like to see how and what other ukulele players play. And those who wish to remain anonymous often conceal their identity anyway. The problem with youtube and other social networks is actually being found and seen (if that's what you want), rather than the other way around as thousands of vids are uploaded daily.

Top Bottom