Season 521 : Seasonista Songs

Thank you for sharing your covers and songs, Seasonistas!
All of you are very talented. It was great to hear and see you all.

Looking forward to more covers and originals!

It was nice to see Linda joining in again.
That was a beautiful performance, Linda. Thank you.

See and hear you all tomorrow!

Thanks for hosting, Joo! :)

Some of you may be a little surprised by this choice. It’s a beautiful song, with some lovely imagery in the words. ‘Love Again My Heart’ - originally by Pabrizzer:

Last edited:
I remember when Krabbers first did this song, This message, there was a spontaneous reaction to it and tens of ukulele players covered it. I was so overwhelmed that I did not want to attempt a cover,it was only many years after that I had the courage to attempt it. Here is the original underground thread and the commotion the song received. Something special happens when the personal becomes universal.

Last edited:
I've been so busy this week with.. well... everything... I don't know what to play but I don't want to miss a week.

Could someone recommend one of their own or someone else's* original they'd like to hear me cover?

*with the chords

I found this brilliant original by John (One Man And His Uke) today.
I used chords that are maybe 50% like his original and.....
instead of covering John's original in English, I did it in Singlish. (Singapore English)
Well, exaggerated Singlish. A few times I almost lost the Singlish tone.
Doing this made myself laugh. Every time I try to exaggerate my Singlish I sound retarded.
John's original is here.
Here is my silly cover.
I think it is fun to watch John's first then mine.
John - hope you don't mind!

P.S. John, what word was that you said that sounded a bit like "grotesquely"?

Hello everybody. Very long time no see. Joo, I hope this is ok to post here. It is with a heavy and broken heart that I share with you that tragically, we have lost a special Seasonista, my precious son Sam. About 5 weeks ago he was diagnosed with an extremely rare cancer called angiosarcoma in his liver and he died 2 weeks later. He was only 19 years old. I am completely shattered and struggling right now as the shock of it is starting to wear off. I'm not sure if I can participate this week, but if I feel up to it I will give it a go. However, I was hoping I could post this little instrumental that was a Sam Wo original in memoriam.

Hello everybody. Very long time no see. Joo, I hope this is ok to post here. It is with a heavy and broken heart that I share with you that tragically, we have lost a special Seasonista, my precious son Sam. About 5 weeks ago he was diagnosed with an extremely rare cancer called angiosarcoma in his liver and he died 2 weeks later. He was only 19 years old. I am completely shattered and struggling right now as the shock of it is starting to wear off. I'm not sure if I can participate this week, but if I feel up to it I will give it a go. However, I was hoping I could post this little instrumental that was a Sam Wo original in memoriam.

Mark, i am so sorry. I was just about to go to bed but I saw this and needed to reply to you right now.
I was shocked and deeply saddened when I first saw it when you shared it on FB...and I wanted to say something to you, but reading your post then, I decided to give you some space.
I cannot even imagine the depth of your pain, I am so sorry.
Please, please take care of yourself.

I am, however, glad that you came on here and share Sam's video with us. It broke my heart and I am not sure if I can comment properly now.
That was lovely. So lovely. Thank you for sharing this with us. He even got your way of pointing at the camera. <3<3<3
Please know that we LOVE YOU and will be praying and thinking of you and your partner and everyone who loved Sam, LOVES Sam.

I will be in touch again. Just wanna get this message to you before I crash.
I hope that you will find playing music comforting.... it will be great if you could join in this week!
But if you don't feel ready, please take your time.
You have people here who love you and appreciate you and your music. I am one of them.
You are missed.

AND THANK YOU SAM, FOR YOUR BEAUTIFUL VIDEO. <3<3<3

I've been so busy this week with.. well... everything... I don't know what to play but I don't want to miss a week.

Could someone recommend one of their own or someone else's* original they'd like to hear me cover?

*with the chords
sorry Joko I can't really think right now. How about one of Berni's? He often got lyrics and chords down.

Mark - as a parent and a grandfather i can only imagine what you are going through - i loved it when you included Sam in your season's contributions (i sure hope i said so at the time) and i love this original of his so i gave it a went - i hope you can feel the love and positive energy i'm sending you and your family
i tried to find that same picture behind Sam but i think this has the same characters (maybe +1) - this is for Sam - i thought about going for a less flawed version but i think Sam would have liked me to stick to my one take policy

Last edited:
Top Bottom