Season 615 - Who Is Most Guilty?

I think you do realise that I am not commenting only on this week's performances, right?
I just feel like sharing my appreciation for those of you who have participated so far.

Wendy's @UkeCan1 enthusiasm and joyfulness is so lovely. Love her energy and the players she brings with her! John and Mick who backed her up at the start of the week. And Bonnie with her banjo uke in this joyful number!

Brian @pabrizzer with his often thought-provoking songs. I love it when he plays his junkyard guitalele.

I am a fan of Southern John @Flatbaroque . He is good at everything I wanna be good at. Playing with alternative tunings, singing and howling. And making pun jokes.

I love Rob's videos. LOVE THEM. Thanks so much for sharing them, Rob! You made the plastic uke sound so seductive. @wee_ginga_yin

A beautiful instrumental of Black Bird by R-M @Renaissance-Man here.

Paul @dr_mitch and his collection of interesting and great sounding ukes.... I think my fav of his might be The Beast. Paul's spoken intros and outros always make me smile. This week, in one of his videos, he said his microphone muffler was missing the second he noticed it, and then said "wonder why that needed saying at the end of the video?" which made me smile. so candid and nice.

And as I am writing this I am reminding myself to order that kazoo that Rick played in his video. Sounded like a monster superhero bee buzzing. @hendulele

Robert @ukukeguy looks great with his hair cropped so short, don't you think? He has a nice distinct voice/way of singing that is so endearing. He brought 2 songs so far, one of them he wrote for his wife before they got married.

Today Stoney @Stoneyrun posted an edgier version of this original, with added intro riff, harmonies and harmonica. Sounded really great. Stoney has a great voice. I love his voice. I almost commented on how I would prefer to just listen to him with his uke alone so I can hear his voice more, but HEY, why not do both when multitracking can be really fun and challenging?

Oh i think Scott @mikelz777 has one of the most soothing vocals here...so gentle and nice. And the uke he has been playing this week matches his vocal perfectly. Here is a sweet song with a chilling scenario he brought. Seems like a new one to most of us.

Charley, @Charley B oh Charley and his resonator! Now that sounds like a nice name for a band. I do like to listen to some Charley and his Resonator!

When Steve @YorkSteve first started here, he didn't sing with this much feeling, but I remember finding his voice very soothing then. Now, in every performance, he seems to put in so much feeling into the songs he plays. I love that.

Edwin @jtsteam showed up, 3 times! (more please). One of them is a glorious and moving tribute to Shane MacGowan.

Berni @Barbablanca has written 2 songs inspired by the theme! Yay! He brought 5 so far! Double YAY!

Jon @mountain goat did a disappearing act with his 4 submissions but they are still on the playlist.

Oh I think i should just link Chris's @chris667 charming rendition of this cat song.

It's always nice to see and hear Dave @TCK . His sweet puppy dog looking so comfy on the couch as he played.

I mentioned Southern John's howling as something I hope to be able to do well, now check out Ylle's howling.

I would love to hear @mythinformed Mark do a rap with his baritone voice one day. Will you, Mark?

I just dawned on me that @baconsalad Michael might have played The Bridge Over Troubled Water because there IS a bridge over some very troubled waters in this week's theme!

It was so fun to have Clark tickled his Yowling Tom uke. @Oldscruggsfan

How incredible it is to find myself hosting and to have @Yukio Christopher F. show up with his electrifying performance. What an absolutely amazing musician he is.

I really enjoyed Arvin and Bobby's collab! Love the bass, Arvin. I felt rejuvenated after listening to that. I think bass is like the dark chocolate of chocolates huh? @ukudancer @bobjking

Marin @ChaosLibrarian raised a very important thing this week - Assassins have Motive, And then she brought us a spellbinding performance.

My motive now is to share these words and hit the sack!

See you tomorrow!

Last edited:
oh Chris's @hands_on_lanzon video above really lifted up my mood. Gray day here and feeling sorta lazy, and this really made me smile, Chris.
It is not just how good it is, but the feeling it gives me. I love that you are so into your ukuleles and playing and into trying out new things and putting yourself totally into your video every time. I remember you mentioned about learning to sing out when you first joined us, since you were more at home with playing instrumentals then. Now, LISTEN TO WHAT YOU JUST POSTED!!!! SO good, Chris. So good.
And that cartoon - if that doesn't make anyone smile, then I ....I don't know what else would.
I think you do realise that I am not commenting only on this week's performances, right?
I just feel like sharing my appreciation for those of you who have participated so far.
Awww thanks, Joo!! I'm glad i could bring a smile. This Season has been tons of fun and pulling out songs that I normally wouldn't even think about trying. I commented on someone's YT thread that the SOTU has been super inspirational to me to be able to sing out and feel comfortable in my own skin. Well this was the first song that always comes to mind anytime anyone says anything about a boat. There's no way I woulda ever tried it if I didn't grow through the Seasons, with the help of many a seed planted and watered by encouraging comments and prime examples*.

*Shout out to @Yukio for his AC/DC performance in today's SOTU Open Mic, his enthusiasm at the thought of me trying this song, and for his way back entry of Sabotage by the Beastie Boys that he likely has no idea how many times I've watched it.

The internet creator culture is interesting in that, i think, we all just want to be seen and appreciated. That's one of many great things about the Seasons.. we're here for each other to see and appreciate and not just to be seen and appreciated. I appreciate you, Joo, for appreciating us!

Ok.. enough warm snuggles.
Let's get to some REAL $#!+.
If you haven't heard, "I'm On A Boat," be warned! there's plenty of cursing and I don't have a bleep filter. LFG!!!

(side note... I drew these waves in a sketchbook years back, when I was studying japanese waves from The Fingerwave Book)

DANCE, BOATMAN, DANCE - P.D.

My choice for the Boatman was a toss-up between the Lyle Lovett song and this one. Looks like I have time for both.
I blew the second verse. "Jig" should be "Jug" and there are some bad chords as well.

• Love
Reactions: joo
GRIMALKIN (or maybe GRAYMALKIN or GREYMALKIN)

When I was in Grade 4, My dad built a house in Dundas, Ontario, and I attended Yorkview Public School. There was itinerant music teacher, Mr. McGash, who visited once a week. This is one of the songs he had us sing which has somehow managed to stick in this sliver of memory.

• Love
It is currently 29degrees Celsius and it goes up to 33 during the day. Same like this all year round. :---)
I've just got back from a night out. The snow started coming down hard on the way back. Was starting to worry I'd not be able to get home. Couldn't make it up the last hill so had to leavemy car in town and walk the last mile home. -3 celsius, which is cold for England!

Walking home, there was a woman being chased down my road. She was talking to her mum on her phone. Sounded really scared. I tried to stop her but she just kept running. Sure enough, she was being chased by a man. I called the police who were taking a call from someone else who was reporting it. Described them, but there was nothing else I could do.

I was going to do a song but it seems a bit weird to be doing it now. Sorry if I changed the mood. I wanted to get it off my chest.

I've just got back from a night out. The snow started coming down hard on the way back. Was starting to worry I'd not be able to get home. Couldn't make it up the last hill so had to leavemy car in town and walk the last mile home. -3 celsius, which is cold for England!

Walking home, there was a woman being chased down my road. She was talking to her mum on her phone. Sounded really scared. I tried to stop her but she just kept running. Sure enough, she was being chased by a man. I called the police who were taking a call from someone else who was reporting it. Described them, but there was nothing else I could do.

I was going to do a song but it seems a bit weird to be doing it now. Sorry if I changed the mood. I wanted to get it off my chest.
Wow. Sorry you had to walk in the snow, and encounter this kind of incident. Thanks for doing what you could to help.

• Love
This is the first song I ever wrote, over 10 years ago now. It was for our 25th anniversary, based on a poem I wrote for our 10th.

It’s from the perspective of the husband singing to his wife, so it covers my top two answers.

Thanks, Joo!

I'll have to catch up on some watching, now.

Here’s a picture of Tim from yesterday.

Thanks again for all of the prayers and support. 🙏💛❤️

Our Love

O beloved wife upon this path we’ve gone together.
Though we’ve stumbled now and then God’s love has been the tether.

To keep us from a dreadful fall and bring us safely through
The trials and tears and years of life since we both said I do.

Chorus

Our Love the joy the pain the hope, the sacrifice and trust
Our Love is built upon the love, the love of Christ to us.
Our Love won’t make it through, just with me and you.
We stand as one upon the rock, God’s love makes our love true.

I remember when we fell in love, we were so young then.
And the beauty of your love has grown you’re still my best friend.

Rejoice with me wife of my youth, oh how our love has grown.
We’ve only made It safe this far by heaven’s grace alone.

Chorus

Bridge

Children friendship joy and tears these things you share with me
Our God has made us one in Christ.
He made our eyes to see. True love requires three.

O beloved wife I am so glad we’re still together.
And forever after we will share.
Our love.

Attachments

• IMG_7156.jpeg
    IMG_7156.jpeg
    80.1 KB · Views: 3
At first, I figured the most guilty obviously had to be the assassin. And then I remembered that an assassin isn’t just a killer, they’re a HIRED killer. Who would be hiring someone to kill just anyone who happened to cross the bridge? The troll from “Three Billy Goats Gruff”? So I tried to figure out who would have a motive to prevent anyone from crossing the bridge? And the answer was obvious – IT’S THE BOATMAN!!! If everyone is scared to use the bridge, it's going to be a financial boon for the boatman!

Anyway, the first record Steely Dan ever released was a single called “Dallas”. This song was the B side.

i chose the boatman as last in line of culpability
to me he's a guy just trying to make a buck and no skin in the game
this original song felt right to play and to tie the story up, at least how i see it,
the gospel part is free
i f ed up the ending but who cares when people are dying around you every f n day
thank you for an awesome theme Joo

YOU MIGHT HAVE

you might have a pretty face now
+ all the boys who chase you 'round the place now
you can't take them w/ you when you gone

+ you might have a swimming pool now
a garden bed that make's the neighbours drool now
you can't take it w/ you when you gone

now you might cross that river wide now
but you can't bring it all 'cross to the other side now
cause you can't take it w/ you when you gone

+ you might have a chrevrolet now
savin' all your pennies for a rainy day now

now you might have time to put it right now
but He'll come just like a thief upon the night now

now you might cross that river wide now
but you can't take it all 'cross to the other side now
cause you can't take it w/ you when you gone

Oh no. I hope you are feeling OK now Chris. Such things do disturb us for a while. I have seen a few, too many, similar disturbing incidents like this that always made me wanna get home as quick as possible. Hugs.

This is the first song I ever wrote, over 10 years ago now. It was for our 25th anniversary, based on a poem I wrote for our 10th.

It’s from the perspective of the husband singing to his wife, so it covers my top two answers.

Thanks, Joo!

I'll have to catch up on some watching, now.

Here’s a picture of Tim from yesterday.

Thanks again for all of the prayers and support. 🙏💛❤️

Our Love

O beloved wife upon this path we’ve gone together.
Though we’ve stumbled now and then God’s love has been the tether.

To keep us from a dreadful fall and bring us safely through
The trials and tears and years of life since we both said I do.

Chorus

Our Love the joy the pain the hope, the sacrifice and trust
Our Love is built upon the love, the love of Christ to us.
Our Love won’t make it through, just with me and you.
We stand as one upon the rock, God’s love makes our love true.

I remember when we fell in love, we were so young then.
And the beauty of your love has grown you’re still my best friend.

Rejoice with me wife of my youth, oh how our love has grown.
We’ve only made It safe this far by heaven’s grace alone.

Chorus

Bridge

Children friendship joy and tears these things you share with me
Our God has made us one in Christ.
He made our eyes to see. True love requires three.

O beloved wife I am so glad we’re still together.
And forever after we will share.
Our love.

Beautiful, moving performance of an absolutely beautiful song, Tom. Thanks for sharing it with us on the Seasons. I feel so privileged that you shared this song with us.

And Tim has the sweetest, happiest-looking smile. So good to know he looks comfy and happy there.
Sending my best wishes and love to you and your family. <3

I will call it a night here.
Thanks so much for the songs!
We have another day to post!

Still a bit quiet over on 616, so time to get my cat song in! Well, it might be a cat song. It might also be a critique of the Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics. Who can tell? The only way to know is to open the box...

Hi everyone and thank you Joo for this unforgettable week 😊
In these days I had very little time but in the end I menaged to partecipate
My first choice is the assassin... I think the final decision was his anyway
I therefore propose a fingerstyle arrangement of Killing me softly... Maybe it's a little obvious, but still a nice song 😅
Hope you like it, bye

I have been busy the past few weeks, but did not want to let this week pass without a song.
For the question: I think everyone is a somewhat guilty... so it is hard for me to choose only one person....but I suppose, if I have to choice, I would choose the wife, because ultimately we are all responsible for our own actions.....but then I return to my first premise that everyone is somewhat guilty....
'Grow Old With Me' was the song we choose at our wedding for our first dance..... and as the years go by, it becomes always more meaningful for me.... so I decided to try and learn it for this week.

Played on my Pono Baritone. (You might have to turn up the volume, as I recorded it too low.)

Good day everyone.
Last day of this Season here, happy to see more songs being posted. Thank you so much. I will wait till everyone has posted, then I will do a wrap.

Here is a quick and dirty BOATMAN song that I just recorded at the library. (the Boatman being the fifth character on my list)

A popular children song not just among Chinese speaking communities, but also in Korea, since it is where it originated, as well as in Japan too it seems.

The song was originally called Half Moon, and it was written by Korean songwriter 尹克荣 Yin Ke Rong in 1924. I have read that 尹克荣 Yin Ke Rong wrote it after seeing his sister gazing at the moon that appeared in the sky during the day time, missing her husband who had passed away.

I am adding the lyrics here, with English translation.

lán lán de tiān kōng yín hé li
蓝蓝的天空银河里
In the blue sky in the milky way

yǒu zhī xiǎo bái chuán
有只小白船
There is a little white boat

chuán shang yǒu kē guì huā shù
船上有棵桂花树
On the boat there is an Osmanthus tree

bái tù zài yóu wán
白兔在游玩
And a white rabbit playing

jiǎng er jiǎng er kàn bu jiàn
桨儿桨儿看不见
No oars to be seen

chuán shang yě méi fān
船上也没帆
Nor a sail on the boat

piāo ya piāo ya
飘呀飘呀
The boat drifts along

piāo xiàng xī tiān
飘向西天
Into the western sky

dù guò nà tiáo yín hé shuǐ
渡过那条银河水
Across the Milky way we sail

zǒu xiàng yún cǎi guó
走向云彩国
toward the Country/Kingdom of Coloured Clouds

zǒu xiàng yún cǎi guó
走过那个云彩国
toward the Country/Kingdom of Coloured Clouds

zài xiàng nǎ ér qù ?
再向哪儿去?
Once more, where do we go?

zài nà yáo yuǎn dí dì fāng
在那遥远的地方
shǎn zhuó jīn guāng
闪着金光
chén xīng shì dēng tǎ
晨星是灯塔

That far away place where stars are like pagodas of light

zhào yā zhào dé liàng
照呀照得亮
Shine, how they shine so brightly.

I couldn’t figure out who’s most guilty - could have been anyone but the wife for me - so I spent an hour writing a little song to communicate some of my confusion…

And here’s my lyric sheet…

CC1397D6-7549-4743-84C1-009BB8FAEB3C.jpeg

Ralf that was most ASTONISHING!!!!!!
So, SO BRILLIANT!!!

Top Bottom