SEASON 623: "ACCENTUATE THE POSITIVE!"

LimousinLil

Reaction score
Hello, Dear Seasonistas ... and welcome to Season 623. Please watch the video for details!

I'll put up the Playlist when the songs start to come in. Meanwhile, remember that there is still plenty of time to relive your childhood with Rick's splendid "Comics" season!

PLAYLIST:

Last edited:
I love this theme and I LOOOOOOOVE this opening video, Val! Did you animate the Rattlerettes yourself?

Val,

Thank you for this week's great theme. Here's a link to share for a quote from "Alice In Wonderland" that fits your theme.

Cheers!
Charldene

Attachments

• Quote from Alice by Lewis Carroll.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
I love this theme and I LOOOOOOOVE this opening video, Val! Did you animate the Rattlerettes yourself?
No, Wendy, I didn't animate this splendid dance troupe ... I wouldn't know where to begin! I found a short clip on Creative Commons and repeated it for the length of the song. I am so pleased that their talents have finally been recognised and that they are now performing to packed houses at the Radio City Music Hall!

To stay positive, read UU Underground in stead of the news. Wish this was only a joke, but last night I read some news and had to read a bit here to calm down 🙄

Edit: Perhaps just dont read the news just before bedtime 😆. Stay informed.

Last edited:
Hello, Dear Seasonistas ... and welcome to Season 623. Please watch the video for details!

I'll put up the Playlist when the songs start to come in. Meanwhile, remember that there is still plenty of time to relive your childhood with Rick's splendid "Comics" season!

Did anyone notice that the rattlerette on the left was making the signs for YMCA while dancing?

Morrisey songs aren't allowed then? 😂
Actually, Mark, that's an interesting point; I just read this ...

Screenshot 2024-01-21 11.07.34.png
I suppose, basically, it's a question of whether you, personally, find his lyrics uplifting and then, whether you think that others will be similarly "uplifted." (Am I overthinking this???)

Actually, Mark, that's an interesting point; I just read this ...

View attachment 164809
I suppose, basically, it's a question of whether you, personally, find his lyrics uplifting and then, whether you think that others will be similarly "uplifted." (Am I overthinking this???)
It's all about delivery with Morrisey, he could sing Happy Birthday and you'd think he was suicidal

Okay, people ... it's school summer holidays here in Aussieland, so the Sunday afternoon open mic was lightly attended, leading to me recording a record 7-song set (well, five plus I accompanied host Garth on two of his) ... most of which qualifies for this theme ... and is still uploading....

I'm just gonna tee up my post and come back and edit in the video link later on.

Here's some of the fun stuff that happened this afternoon, on video:
  • The audience quizzing me about New Jersey, after I announced that today is my 3-year anniversary of arriving here from there
  • Andy accompanying me on most of my songs
  • "Rainbow Blues" - my original "happy blues" song
  • "Let Me Be There" by Olivia Newton John, featuring my marvelous friend Nina in her first ever live performance! (I chose the song since we did it together at the mall for Brian's 1973 Season, so she already knows it.)
  • "Positively Positively 4th Street" - my positivized parody of a very negative Bob Dylan song
  • "Happy Together" by the Turtles, featuring John and Jessie on vocals
  • "Good Place for a Road" - my 2-chord jam song for Robbie Burns birthday (Jan 25) from Finland Rob's long-ago Burns Day theme - a mashup of a funny and very relatable Robert Burns poem about badly maintained roads, with gypsy punk band Gogol Bordello's "Start Wearing Purple", and a silly joke about bad roads from 7th grade that gives the song its title
Then, because the final performers weren't ready yet, I played with Garth on two of his songs. They are country songs, but in spite of this are also both pretty positive:
  • "Feathered Indians" by Tyler Childers (from an album called Purgatory ... but it's a happy love song)
  • "Coward of the County" by Kenny Rogers, which still makes me cry every time after 44 years ... because it's so moving and kind of inspiring
Okay, I will add the video link eventually ... probably tomorrow, because YouTube is telling me it still has hours to go and it's nearing bedtime.

EDIT: Here's the video!

Last edited:
Top Bottom