SEASON 623: "ACCENTUATE THE POSITIVE!"

Hi Lil, or is it Val?
Anyway thanks for stepping up and hosting this week.
I wanted to do something Positive as a lot of my material is a bit downbeat. Racking my brain I remember this from my youth.
I was never a Cliff Richard fan, although I love Shadows stuff, but this tune is so upbeat you got to love it!

Last edited:
I love the theme Val. We sure need to lift each other up these days.
The last time I played this song I had five other Seasonistas in my house playing along, back in Season 176. Nice to look back on those memories.
Just fooling around here. I probably shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a harmonica. Ah well, I have no shame.

And, Good Morning (???) from the depths of deepest France, where it is later and, therefore, lighter! I have just updated the Playlist ... thank you, All! And it's the weekend, so it's time to remind yourself just how positive you are feeling. Jim (of Canada) came up with "The Ukulele Song," which I have never heard before and which could serve as the anthem for the week ... we are all so much happier for having discovered this 4-string wonder and we need to pass this joy on. Being happy needs to be worked at ....
e2fe752e80f2017137c5ed03d4c05203.jpg

And, Good Morning (???) from the depths of deepest France, where it is later and, therefore, lighter! I have just updated the Playlist ... thank you, All! And it's the weekend, so it's time to remind yourself just how positive you are feeling. Jim (of Canada) came up with "The Ukulele Song," which I have never heard before and which could serve as the anthem for the week ... we are all so much happier for having discovered this 4-string wonder and we need to pass this joy on. Being happy needs to be worked at ....
View attachment 165192
That half glass needs to identify as a full glass

A positive message of conquering and strength In unity. Something we may need if the power hungry unelected globalists at DAVOS, WEF and WHO want to remove our direct democracy in order to control us, our leaders and the world. Power to the people !!

Last edited:
I have been away for a week, without a ukulele and with hardly any internet. Back today to find all those songs I thought of already on the playlist, so here's what I always thought of as a pretty positive love song, courtesy of The Waterboys.

Thank you for hosting Val.
Here's something i just wrote and recorded. With a painting i made as the background.

words:
After a while all you hear is the rain
Tapping on the roof and wall
You sit there gazing at the window frame
The cat is playing with a cotton ball

The noonday demon drops in for a cup of tea
Just when you think you're safe and sound
The cat sends the yarn running wild and free
The sun is hiding behind dark clouds

Although you know it's not raining in JooJoo* land
The sun casts no shadows on the ground
When there's no one else left to blame
You blame your own heart beating loud
(And the noonday demon.

You can dance,
talk to it,
or you can play your ukulele
Kill the noonday demon
Kill the noonday demon)
*JooJoo is my nickname

I have been recording some songs lately. Like my previous song, i recorded this not specially for the Seasons, but i had a look at the theme and thought this fits as well.
It is a simple song about an one-eyed cat. Hopefully this will make some smiles or laughter. I remember Rob did a version of it using a Russian folk song, which was hilarious to me.
And someone misheard "sitting around licking your paws" as "sitting around licking your balls" and that sent me into crazy laughing out loud. (That comment has been removed. I sure wish it is still there.) Since then, i laugh whenever i sing that line. You can't see me laughing here, but i even peed a little while trying not to laugh.
Lyrics in the youtube description thing.

And here is Rob's version:

I first started looking at this song a couple weeks ago for Heavenly Objects week, and as its message in the verses is as positive as it comes!

I forgot the verse about losing all my teeth north and south... so the last bit of greenscreen backdrop is a bit incongruent...

Like quite a few songs submitted this week, the following song is aimed at "internal" improvement, rather than changing the world. I am still a firm believer in the old hippy adage: "The Revolution is in your Head".

However, as a young man I got so lost, until a very down to earth "guru" helped me out by giving me a mantra in plain English to get me out of the hole I was in. "To stop repeating old patterns," he said. ""When you are about to enact the action you know is not beneficial to your being, just repeat to yourself these five words: "I don't do that anymore" and you will find it easier to take control of yourself"
It worked and has helped me ever since.

Now I feel my daughter is in the same place I was back then, but she is not willing to accept the word of a "boomer" (and her father to boot) and so my attempt to sow the seeds of these words of wisdom has fallen on stony ground. I can only hope she will have her own epiphany one day and realise she has the keys to change locked in her head rather than outside herself. We are all own best therapists, but it might take us a while to realise that.

I hope you like:

Back to jazz for a song, that I think really had to be here! Yes, I've done it for the seasons before, but that was 6 months ago in my second ever season - and to be self-reflective (and possibly self-indulgent) I think I've improved as a player since then.

Top Bottom