SEASON 623: "ACCENTUATE THE POSITIVE!"

Val, I loved the theme for this week. I think we need all the positivity possible right now...and always... When I heard the theme, so many great songs came to me mind, but I had a hectic week and so I was only able to do this one song, but I think it is perfect for this week. I am playing my Baritone Ukulele.

Del's theme reminds me of one of my "heroes"......my big toe

....a poem by Michael Leunig that i sang out.

My big toe is an honest man,
so down to earth and normal.
Always true unto himself
and pleasantly informal.
Full of simple energy,
contented with his role.
If all of me could be like him,
I'd be a happy soul.

I've totally gone overboard with these. (Yeah, I'm still having fun and I'm definitely learning a lot, but this has become totally bonkers if I haven't already passed that line months ago)

I cleaned up some audio in the beginning. Cleaned up some video edits. Oh, and I added a whole outtro section! Did I mention I might have gone a little crazy with this?

In case anyone wants to see how I work out melodies and harmonies...I write them down on a legal pad. Mainly to work things out but it also helps me memorize things faster if I write them down IMG_20240127_231209.jpg

And good morning (good ..........) yet again from a nearly 8.00 a.m., so getting lighter, France! I have updated the Playlist and we are now up to 79 videos, so we must be feeling at least marginally "positive." We still have over a day left to pursue happiness, so let's continue in this wonderfully upbeat vein ....
kanin-witches-New-Yorker-Oct-2021.-e1655869725754.jpg

And good morning (good ..........) yet again from a nearly 8.00 a.m., so getting lighter, France! I have updated the Playlist and we are now up to 79 videos, so we must be feeling at least marginally "positive." We still have over a day left to pursue happiness, so let's continue in this wonderfully upbeat vein ....
View attachment 165270
You'd have to be a souper- man to be brave enough to eat anything prepared by witches.

I'll get my coat!

Kinda surprised no one's tackled Here Comes The Sun

Your wish is my command - I wanted to squeeze this one in this week! By the way, when I played this down the pub, a drunk man described it, unprompted, as "f***ing mint", so it comes with an endorsement.

I just sang this Tom Petty song at karaoke the other night, and immediately realized it accentuates the positive well enough for me.

And it's way easier to play than Al Jarreau's "Boogie Down." (Which could be re-titled "Difficult-to-get Down-on-ukulele," at least for me this week.)

Positive vibrations to y'all!

Thanks for hosting and everyone for playing. Good and positive stuff all round,

Top Bottom