Season 624 - My Hero/es

I now officially declare Season 624 Of The Ukulele to be at an end. Big thanks to all who took part for your heroic efforts and your wonderful music. I will be back in a day or two with a wrap, and an announcement of the winner and runners up. In the meantime I would suggest you flutter off to Season 625 - a little birdie tells me there’s an eggcellent new theme under way. Have fun!

And thank you all again! :)
Thank you, Del!

Reactions: joo
WRAP FOR SEASON 624 - My Hero/es

What a wonderful week of music - you are all officially now my heroes for keeping me so well entertained throughout the week. I really appreciate the time, effort and talent you poured into your submissions. We had 72 videos - a heroic effort - thank you all so very much!

I will now announce the winner and the runners-up. If it isn’t you, please don’t feel disheartened, and please know that I had a tough, tough job in making these selections!

There are four runners-up and each will get a certificate by email, if they could be so kind as to PM their email address to me. And they are, in no particular order:

Renaissance Man @Renaissance-Man - designated hero Bob Dylan (with a bit of Willie Nelson thrown in for good measure!)
Dr Mitch @dr_mitch - designated hero Fats Waller
Tom @engravertom - designated hero Gaspar Sanz
Joo @joo - designated hero Michael Hurley

I became increasingly certain as the week progressed that one of the above would be the winner, until Denise @caukulele stole in at the end with her lovely 3-song Joan Biaz medley to steal the show and the winner’s certificate! So yes - Denise is our winner - congratulations! Let me know your email address, Denise, and a winner’s certificate will be yours!

Thank you all once again - you’re all amazing! 🙂

Edit: in their PM, would all the certificate recipients please let me know the preferred name to go on their certificate. Thank you!

Last edited:
WRAP FOR SEASON 624 - My Hero/es

What a wonderful week of music - you are all officially now my heroes for keeping me so well entertained throughout the week. I really appreciate the time, effort and talent you poured into your submissions. We had 72 videos - a heroic effort - thank you all so very much!

I will now announce the winner and the runners-up. If it isn’t you, please don’t feel disheartened, and please know that I had a tough, tough job in making these selections!

There are four runners-up and each will get a certificate by email, if they could be so kind as to PM their email address to me. And they are, in no particular order:

Renaissance Man @Renaissance-Man - designated hero Bob Dylan (with a bit of Willie Nelson thrown in for good measure!)
Dr Mitch @dr_mitch - designated hero Fats Waller
Tom @engravertom - designated hero Gaspar Sanz
Joo @joo - designated hero Michael Hurley

I became increasingly certain as the week progressed that one of the above would be the winner, until Denise @caukulele stole in at the end with her lovely 3-song Joan Biaz medley to steal the show and the winner’s certificate! So yes - Denise is our winner - congratulations! Let me know your email address, Denise, and a winner’s certificate will be yours!

Thank you all once again - you’re all amazing! 🙂
Thank you, Del! It was a wonderful week!

Congratulations to all!

Wow! Thanks very much Del. I’m honestly thrilled - first time this has happened to me on a Season. And a great thing to happen when my last video of the season marked exactly three years since I decided to learn a musical instrument at last and ordered a ukulele.

Congratulations to the other winners. And I have to say, @caukulele is sooo good.

thank you so much Del! For the week and for choosing me as one of the winners!

Top Bottom