Season 626 - Body language

In clown mathematics an original nonsense song divided by the number of stupid verses will give you a quarter song which contemplates the absurdity of waking up in the morning with your nose upside down and the pitfalls that might occur as a result of this abnormal anatomical anomaly.

Indeed we are truly wonderfully made.

Last edited:
First published in London in 1915 as "Blue Eyes," but by the time it was published in New York in 1919, it had become better known as "Those Two Blue Eyes" and the U.S. publication was under the new title. Godfrey Williams' real name was Fred Godfrey, and Horation Nicholls' real name was Lawrence Wright. Godfrey's youngest daughter claimed that the song was written about her when she was a toddler. It very quickly after publication became enormously popular in vaudeville and sold around a half million copies of sheet music.

I am exercising the option to play a song from the movie Lilo and Stitch. For some reason, “Aloha Oe” is not listed on the soundtrack, but it is definitely in the movie. Nani sings it to Lilo, or at least part of it. And similarly, this is only the last part of the song, played twice, because I didn’t have time to learn the whole thing well enough for a video this week. I used Lara Markowitz’s tutorial on YouTube.

With guest appearance by Experiment 626.

Last edited:
Arvin~ ( insert echo effect )

So here is my mini song.
I had no idea what i was gonna do. Then i started playing around with some clawhammer stuff and it was way too much for a mini song.
So i did this. Thanks for the week!
I totally forgot about body parts.
But i just wanted to send this to you. :--)

Here's an Electric Light Orchestra song, using the 'High Choir' sound from the Mel9.

Last edited:
Alright! It's currently 10:06 Hawaiian time, so we're down to the final 14 hours until the seasons is strictly going to 3/4 tunes only!

SOTU 626 The playlist has been updated. We've got our first Lilo & Stitch song today courtesy of @emba bringing us the classic Aloha Oe. I'm honestly surprised more of you didn't take up the sub theme. There's some great uke songs on there including Suspicious Minds and my favorite "Hawaiian Rollercoaster Ride."

Beautiful, Beautiful Brown Eyes - Alton Delmore, Arthur Smith & Jerry Capehart

A story that I can't remember, but my mom has told me is that when I was a pre-schooler with blue eyes, I heard her singing the chorus to this waltz and I burst into tears. OK Mom, it might have happened, but...
This one actually qualifies for both seasons that are still open today.

Quite happy with how this one turned out. I think I asked Marin if she was interested in tackling this song on Thursday? Quite short notice for how much stuff ended up on it. I don't even know if she knew this song until a few days ago.

I never intended to put some drums on it, but the bassline was begging for it and I tried to serve the song as much as possible.

Anyway, here's some Weezer for you guys courtesy of @ChaosLibrarian & myself.

Quite happy with how this one turned out. I think I asked Marin if she was interested in tackling this song on Thursday? Quite short notice for how much stuff ended up on it. I don't even know if she knew this song until a few days ago.

I never intended to put some drums on it, but the bassline was begging for it and I tried to serve the song as much as possible.

Anyway, here's some Weezer for you guys courtesy of @ChaosLibrarian & myself.

I mean, I knew the song because it's Weezer and I'm from the 90s! But did I know how to play it before Thursday?

Lemme just say....I'm glad it's only got 5 easy chords in there.

Thanks, @ukudancer for bringing me in! I've now got a new campfire song to annoy people with!

I've fallen behind on my Seasons participation. Three Sundays in a row I've done sets of Seasons songs at local open mics (for Seasons 625, 626, and 627) ... and then not gotten around to posting them.

This one is from last week, where we had a quite successful brand new open mic, which hopefully will become a regular thing, at the local "sportie" - sports and rec centre.

Turns out I have three originals that mention body parts - head, brains, and neck - so that's what I did.

Two of them also happen to "obscure holiday" songs, including one for a holiday that was coming up on Wednesday (Feb 14). (No, not that holiday - the other one!)

"Monsters in Your Head"
"You Can't Play Covers at Sam Ash Any More"
"Baby, Play My Ukulele"

<Video uploading ... will edit in when it's up ... hopefully before the Season ends. 😜>

Last edited:
This is one of my favorite Muse songs, so I'm glad to finally figure it out and record it... but dang was it a pain to get the picking, strums, timing, and some of the loony vocals. It's a work in progress, but also 1:43am PST. I'll take it... it's 'Map of Your Head.'

Songs about body parts? Hmm. For previous Seasons, I've already played Spinal Tap's "Big Bottom," ZZ Top's "Tush," and sang the lyrics to Sir Mix-A-Lot's "Baby Got Back" to the tune of "The Star Spangled Banner."

I'm probably overdue to sing about other body parts, yeah? Yeah.

I was sure I was going to bring you a song I found for your Universe season, Arvin, but I did not use my time wisely :oops:. So,I thought that this one just about qualifies:

'If I ever get my hands on a dollar again...'

Dr Uke arrangement of a 1923 Jimmie Cox composition that has become a blues standard.

Season 626 Wrap Up

First and foremost, I want to thank you all for answering my prompt with such enthusiasm.

We started off strong with @paulmg with a Bee Gees cover of I Started A Joke and it was a bit of a premonition considering we ended up with @hands_on_lanzon bringing us Baby Got Back & My Ding-a-Ling. Add that with @Charley B answered that later in the season with Dear Penis. :ROFLMAO:

On the more serious side, @TCK brought us 3 fantastic covers, including Face Up. @UkeFoote had a unison solo with a whistle on his cover of Bird Brain (Nice job, Brian!)

I can't neglect to mention @joo covering our very own seasonista (@bobjking ) with Cat Nose Bert. It was so ridiculously quirky, I don't even know how they wrote that.

@AZChris brought I've Just Seen a Face...And it was so fantastic, the Beatles were probably writing about mine that was melted.

Some of the highlights for me:

Wonderful Tonight @UkulAle with the Clapton classic as a lovely instrumental. Who can resist not singing along to this?

Arms @Purritea with this superb Christina Perry as her sensational debut to the seasons.

Wouldn't It Be Loverlies @Yukio brought this bouncy banger. Short but incredibly sweet!

Face Up @TCK with this New Order. Such a great sing-a-long song. As a semi-keys player, it did not need more keys (but I don't know the original)

No prizes this week. We were all winners here whether you learned a new song or you just came to listen to some talented people doing their thing.

I'm going to close this out by adding another reprise of Marin & I's cover of Weezer. I added a Thin Lizzy style mini twin lead outro and fixed a couple of things that were bothering absolutely no one else but me.

Thanks again for the wonderful season! I'm definitely going to go back and listen to this playlist again (and you all should too)

Last edited:
Top Bottom