Season 631: I Mist You

storms expected later, one
can only hope, eh Snoopy..

View attachment 168915
I was working a cleaner production of this, maybe for later this week... but since you posted this, I took it as a subliminal ask for my current raw, messy, struggling, don't know all the chords and lyrics version. I figured I just sang some Adele on Sunday, so why not go for some Etta James next?! :ROFLMAO: Look out Whitney, Mariah, and Celine!! I'm coming for ya!!

It's 'Stormy Weather.'

Last edited:
Hello again, Jon! I just watched your weather forecast and it's interesting that we can have wide temperature variations in the course of a day here, too ... I don't know whether it's something to do with being relatively high up. Anyway, the temperature here this morning is 14 degrees, according to the phone when I took it outside. I found this really weird song yesterday, which you might actually know as it's a folk song. I was intending to record outside, as befits a song about a logger, but then the sun came out and everything got dappled and impossible to film. Anyway, herewith ...

(P.S. I know you don't approve of people "apologising", but I'm sorry ... I've got a cold, so I probably shouldn't have recorded anything; but I'm stuck at home today as I'm waiting for my fabled lawn mower to arrive.)

Last edited:
Hello again, Jon! I just watched your weather forecast and it's interesting that we can have wide temperature variations in the course of a day here, too ... I don't know whether it's something to do with being relatively high up. Anyway, the temperature here this morning is 14 degrees, according to the phone when I took it outside. I found this really weird song yesterday, which you might actually know as it's a folk song. I was intending to record outside, as befits a song about a logger, but then the sun came out and everything got dappled and impossible to film. Anyway, herewith ...

(P.S. I know you don't approve of people "apologising", but I'm sorry ... I've got a cold, so I probably shouldn't have recorded anything; but I'm stuck at home today as I'm waiting for my fabled lawn mower to arrive.)

My neighbour bought chainsaw resistant clothes...
They were really expensive but hey, at least they didn’t cost him an arm and a leg.

Last edited:
My neighbour bought chainsaw resistant clothes...
They were really expensive but hey, at least they didn’t cost an arm and a leg.
Haha! It HAD occurred to me to buy a small chainsaw, but, so far, I have resisted the temptation! (Apparently, there is a version suitable for feeble womankind .. how condescending is that?) My mower has just been delivered and is currently lurking out of sight behind a bench in the garden, where it might stay till Tom arrives in a couple of weeks. (I'm not very good at assembling mechanical stuff. I HAVE put a small push lawnmower together in the past, but even then I managed to lose one of the vital bits.)

Thanks for hosting Jon. Thought I'd get your old Johnny Marvin uke out for a bit of Everly Brothers.

Hey Jon!!☺️
Well..after learning that song last week, now that’s all I wanna do is Jon Foreman songs. haha 😊 He has a bunch about weather, but they’re trickier and might take awhile to learn..if I even can in time.
I wanted to make sure to for sure get at least one in on your week so here’s one that’s short ‘n sweet☀️🎶
Thanks so much and I hope you have an awesome week!!❤️❤️

Last edited:
So Happy to see you in a good place Jon ! ! ! ! Wheezing a bit here due to Spring allergies, but when I saw you were hosting I wanted to make the time to share one from the heart. Cheers ~

This one deserved a bit more effort, so here's another shot after a night of practice. I still can't belt it, but I felt it and at least I got the lyrics and chords down. Hope this one stays in the memory banks. It's a fun one. Again... Stormy Weather. Jim kindly pointed out that the song was composed by Harold Arlen and Ted Koehler in 1933. My version is based on Etta James. Cheers!

Forgot to mention last time... Thanks for hosting, Jon!!

Hey Jon!!☺️
Well..after learning that song last week, now that’s all I wanna do is Jon Foreman songs. haha 😊 He has a bunch about weather, but they’re trickier and might take awhile to learn..if I even can in time.
I wanted to make sure to for sure get at least one in on your week so here’s one that’s short ‘n sweet☀️🎶
Thanks so much and I hope you have an awesome week!!❤️❤️

Thanks for the sweet reminder about this beautiful lil song, Tanya! I forgot I had this instrumental version in my brain and fingers (borrowed heavily from Mika Kane). Glad to go outside to play this one!!

It might be the middle of the night, but I just remembered this, which involves wind and rain and rainbows, and even though I've done it before I decided I had to have a go on my 6 string tenor. The soundproofing is good, so I hope I didn't wake anyone up... might be a bit rough but, hey, we're all friends here, right? :)

a quick and dirty take at the library this morning before i started work!
A Molly Scott song.

EDIT: Here is my weather report!
S unny!
I intermittent showers!
N o jeans please, your legs will suffer from the heat!
G olden sunshine!
A wning needed in this weather!
P redictable precipitation!
O ppressive humidity, sometimes!
R ain!
E very day is a great day when you see the sun in the rain!

Last edited:
PUT ON A HAPPY FACE - Lee Adams & Charles Strouse

I don't like it when folks ask me to smile, (**"Young lady, this is an adult speaking to you and I order you to smile!") but I do like this song and have ever since I heard it on a Nancy Wilson LP in high school.

**a line from Bye Bye Birdie that precedes the song. It has always pissed me off.

Last edited:
Speaking of weather, last Tuesday we had crocuses and daffodils and little blue flowers that I forget the name of coming up in our front yard. People were wearing shorts (not me yet) and T-shirts.
Today is below zero Celsius and I feel so sorry for the flowers.
I took this picture out the kitchen window of our front yard right after supper. I went out for a litre of milk after supper and had to clean off the car.
March 19, 2024Snow March 19, 2024.jpg

Top Bottom