Season 636 - One for sorrow...

This is called Kayla and is a song by a band called Flying Colors. I did add some reverb but other then that this is me and my Korala.

I never expected Flying Colors to be mentioned here! I'll have to listen later

Thanks King Bob! I looked up the collective noun for magpies. There were a few but the most common was " a tiding" which fits in with the sentiment of your poem. I've gone for the girl's name option. Jean was my mum's name and she was a girl once.

One for sorrow,
Two for joy,
Three for a girl,
Four for a boy,
Five for silver,
Six for gold,
Seven for a secret never to be told.
I’ve been absolutely obsessed with this little rhyme for quite a while because I wanted to write a song about it. I finally did so this seasons theme is perfect. But I made it ravens instead of magpies. Now I have to just record this song and think of some kind of video to go with it. Can’t wait to start on this project.

Hi JoAnn! :---) Nice to see you here. Looking forward to your song and video.

And Bobby -
Thanks for hosting!
I am taking the opportunity to share a happy song written by Robert @ukukeguy which he shared with me a year (or more?) ago.
Such a sweetheart of a song.

There has been road works near my flat and you can hear some noise in my audio, as usual.

Sad when a friendship ends, and you hope to feel better by having a party and not inviting the one you have fallen out with.
I'm having a party, but you're not invited
Pizza and fizzy pop, it's all so exciting
Sardines and musical chairs, what a shame that you're not here
But you're not my friend anymore
You've made your position quite clear from your distance
What crime have I done that negates my existence?
Me and all of my other chums will sit and talk 'bout your smelly bum
'Cause you're not my friend anymore
We'll have pheasant, and everyone leaves with a present
Kisses and hugs, it's so plеasant, peaceful
I hate you, I hopе that you die
I'm having a party, I hope that you know this
Spend Friday alone and pretend not to notice
All of the stupid things you've done, I know and I'm telling everyone
'Cause you're not my best friend anymore
And tomorrow I will buy a new friend from the new friend shop
'Cause my friend you are not
And I hate you, as much as I miss you

Hope Indigo is a girl's name.
I wrote this for your Denim season, Bobby, with paintings.
This is the first time I am singing and playing this song since then. Been 3 years now?
Guitalele tuned down.
Lyrics in the YouTube Description.

Thanks King Bob! I looked up the collective noun for magpies. There were a few but the most common was " a tiding" which fits in with the sentiment of your poem. I've gone for the girl's name option. Jean was my mum's name and she was a girl once.

So does that mean there were lots of magpies at the nativity? For it says "I bring you good tidings of great joy" They must have been making quite a racket.

I just learned about the origins of the three wise men.

Morning, seasonistas!

A tremendous start to the Season so far! Just blown away by the quality and the talent of you beautiful people!
Playlist is all up to date and I'm mostly caught up with watching but I've sadly been dragged, kicking and screaming, to work...
Keep 'em coming, folks. See you later! X

I had "Guinevere" by Buskin and Batteau on my list for the 535 castle theme, and then figured I wasn't going to get to it, since that week is almost over and I don't know the song very well.

But then I realized that Guinevere is a girl's name, which makes it a nice twofer.

I still don't know the song completely, so my melody is approximate, especially in the middle sections. But it's still a pretty song.

Good morning Bob J and thanks for hosting, and such a fantastic theme too. I was going to do this song ( well not the medley) a few seasons back, as a mash up of the Spencer Davis Group ( who were known as the Murgatroyd Band) version,which was used for the opening credits of Magpie which was a kind of ITV version of Blue Peter but without Shep, and the Unthanks/Davey Dodds one which is frankly, bloody fantastic. Anyway, I can’t recall why I didn’t do that one and I think I destroyed the master tapes, but I wanted to so something for this Season. There is no way I could do a song for each magpie, I reckon I only had time to do one song but then I hit on the idea of doing a Brian @UkeFoote style medley, which he does so brilliantly. In this way I can do every magpie song, and also do the TV show song to introduce it. I am not going to put up the artist credits just yet, I thought you all might like to have fun spotting them all. There’s even a tiny messed up bit of Led Zep at the end, which I’m claiming as my own because lord knows Jimmy Page passed off plenty of other people’s music as his own over the years.

Seven, a secret never to be told...

"Long Black Veil" is a 1959 country ballad, written by Danny Dill and Marijohn Wilkin, and originally recorded by Lefty Frizzell. It is told from the point of view of a man falsely accused of murder, and subsequently executed. He refused to provide an alibi, since on the night of the murder, he was having an extramarital affair with his best friend's wife. He would rather die and take their secret to his grave, than admit the truth. (Copied from Wikipedia, then edited)

Good morning Bob J and thanks for hosting, and such a fantastic theme too. I was going to do this song ( well not the medley) a few seasons back, as a mash up of the Spencer Davis Group ( who were known as the Murgatroyd Band) version,which was used for the opening credits of Magpie which was a kind of ITV version of Blue Peter but without Shep, and the Unthanks/Davey Dodds one which is frankly, bloody fantastic. Anyway, I can’t recall why I didn’t do that one and I think I destroyed the master tapes, but I wanted to so something for this Season. There is no way I could do a song for each magpie, I reckon I only had time to do one song but then I hit on the idea of doing a Brian @UkeFoote style medley, which he does so brilliantly. In this way I can do every magpie song, and also do the TV show song to introduce it. I am not going to put up the artist credits just yet, I thought you all might like to have fun spotting them all. There’s even a tiny messed up bit of Led Zep at the end, which I’m claiming as my own because lord knows Jimmy Page passed off plenty of other people’s music as his own over the years.

I was hoping someone would bring the Magpie theme tune! Cheers, John! As a special treat, here's a picture of the lovely Susan Stranks - ukulele in hand!

Attachments

• susan-stranks-tv-presenter-of-the-childrens-programme-magpie-mirrorpix-B3NF0X.jpg
    susan-stranks-tv-presenter-of-the-childrens-programme-magpie-mirrorpix-B3NF0X.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 2
Thanks Bob, it was my pleasure to bring the Magpie theme as it’s a cracking tune. I heard somewhere that they were credited as Murgatroyd Band rather than Spencer Davis Group due to some contractual guff, also I read that Murgatroyd was the name of the Magpie in their credits. Thanks for the pic of Susan Stranks. And of course don’t forget Brian May was a cast member in his days before joining popular beat combo Queen 👍
IMG_2467.jpeg

I'm down in That London for a couple of days, but fortunately I've brought Jones The String with me, so here is a joyful piece of Singalong-a-Ringo live from my hotel room. Oh what joy, for every girl and boy. That'd hit three, but I'm only claiming "Joy" in case I want to use girl and boy later!

Thanks Bob, it was my pleasure to bring the Magpie theme as it’s a cracking tune. I heard somewhere that they were credited as Murgatroyd Band rather than Spencer Davis Group due to some contractual guff, also I read that Murgatroyd was the name of the Magpie in their credits. Thanks for the pic of Susan Stranks. And of course don’t forget Brian May was a cast member in his days before joining popular beat combo Queen 👍
View attachment 171420
Wouldn’t that be Sir Dr. Brian May? 😀 Or would it be Dr. Sir Brian May? Which comes first, the academic degree or the regal honorific?

Top Bottom