Season 639 - You Tell ME What the Theme Is

I wrote a song for this called "hungry seagull finds a reef", and I'm trying my best to learn to play it, but I couldn't do it in time, because I started on Thursday. I'm going to keep trying to learn it though, because I actually like it a lot.

I exported the sheet music/tabs, with commentary about what each part represents. It says low G ukulele, but I don't actually utilize the G string, so this can be played with high G too.

Attachments

• HungrySeagullFoundaReef20244819014805.pdf
    92.5 KB · Views: 20
In "White Bird," when they sing "on a winter's day in the rain," those lyrics took me back to the last few weeks of our dreary, wet winter here in the Pacific northwest.

Then I read the wikipedia page for "White Bird" and learned that the song was written in Seattle, Washington!

So Seattle's my theme. And even though "Seattle" by Public Image Ltd. only uses the city for its title, it somehow still captures some of the dreariness we live with around here.

(And we get a cameo from my favorite LEGO enthusiast in this one!)

Fly free, y'all!

Late to the party - I've been in a conference all weekend. I chose birds of a different color for my theme, and put all three songs in one 2-minute video.

Note to self: don't set the phone directly on the computer keyboard when taking video - it adds a little buzz. This is why you have tripods. 😉

I exported the sheet music/tabs, with commentary about what each part represents. It says low G ukulele, but I don't actually utilize the G string, so this can be played with high G too.
Bravo, Bio!
I began keeping track in the past few weeks. It takes me an average of 8 hours of practice (meted out in 15-minute sessions throughout a week) to feel reasonably confident in posting any cover to SOTU.
It’s completely out of my league to think of writing a new composition AND learning to play it from one Sunday to the next. To say I’m impressed is an understatement. 👏

Top Bottom