Season 643 of the Ukulele - S S S

So.
It's time.
It's time to take you all on a STROLL along the SPANKING new SIDEWALK along SERANGOON Avenue 3 in SUNNY SINGAPORE.

Some of you, er, if you do watch my videos or read my posts here - might know that I have been talking about this roadworks that has been going on for weeks. It is super noisy.
They are building a new pavement, see.
Today I thought I would film myself playing a SHORT SONG along this SIDEWALK.

I put my phone between the elastic band of my shorts and my stomach.... filmed this as I walked SLOWLY so as not to drop my phone (the elastic band were kind of loose, haha!), while I SANG and played my ukulele. Unfortunately my voice was too muffled and soft so I added another singing track over. This video was the only take. After I finished singing the loud noise from the roadworks started again, as shown in the footage at the end.

Welcome to SSSSerangoon Avenue 3. The street where I live.

Sorry... Slight Sidebar: SOTU 642 is finally wrapped...

... Proceed Now Warmheartedly!

I read that a Tibetan monk saw the face of Jesus in a tub of margarine.

He raised his eyes to the heavens and exclaimed "I can't believe it's not Buddha!"
Sssss-orry for the sssss-werve, but you hit a nerve. I, being an almost "Cheddar Head," have lived this:
From 'the 'web': "Many Wisconsinites in the 1950s and '60s crossed state lines to buy yellow margarine. Wisconsin's "yellow" [margarine] ban ended in 1967 — but the ban on serving margarine at restaurants unless requested remains. "

To this day, I cannot sss-tand any non-butter "margarine" product. There, I said it.

Last edited:
I'm not sure you can sway sexily to this, but it is full of sibilant "S" sounds and tells the story of a possible incest. Ah, but technically, is it?

Hope you enjoy all One Minute Thirty Seconds of:

PS To understand why the Cleopatra images, see the end of the video.

Hello, yet again, Joo! I wasn't intending to come back today, but I was saddened to learn this morning of the death of Francoise Hardy yesterday, at the age of 80 ... she had lung cancer. This is a rather rubbish cover of her biggest hit in English ... and it IS a sad song, so it qualifies for the week.

Last edited:
Ahhh yeS SST is past midnight!

13 is my favorite number, but I always think about Mitch Hedberg's short bit about it. Still love ya, @bobjking and hope the 3 in the ones place isn't too triggering, @DelGriff . 😉😉

I hope any part of this brings a smile, Joo! Happy 13day!

(Obviously not a Season entry)

AND ... IT SSSSEEMS TO BE OUR HOST'SSSSS BIRTHDAY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOO!

THANK YOU, VAL!!! That was adorable! What was the thing the singing cutie snatched from his back pocket?

13 is my favorite number, but I always think about Mitch Hedberg's short bit about it. Still love ya, @bobjking and hope the 3 in the ones place isn't too triggering, @DelGriff . 😉😉

HAHAHAHA! I was wondering why you mentioned Bobby! 😂 ( I know why the 3s might trigger Del. I watch my Seasons videos. ;) )
Thanks for this, Chris! That really made me laugh!!!

THANK YOU, VAL!!! That was adorable! What was the thing the singing cutie snatched from his back pocket?

HAHAHAHA! I was wondering why you mentioned Bobby! 😂 ( I know why the 3s might trigger Del. I watch my Seasons videos. ;) )
Thanks for this, Chris! That really made me laugh!!!
I just rewatched the video and I have absolutely no idea what he pulled out of his back pocket! Isn't our host supposed to be asleep???

• Haha
Reactions: joo
I got distracted by 2 eggs singing a birthday song and one pulled out an unidentified thing (i think that's supposed to be a script where the name of the person with the birthday is written...for YOU to put MY name there;)) from his pocket...that's why i am still up, Val! :LOL:

so, er, I am a bit wiser now, compared to yesterday...
And with my newly acquired wisdom I am gonna find another quote to share. I don't even know if you all are enjoying this Season....
I hope you do!
(my philosophy is, if nobody is enjoying your party, just eat all the salami and dance. )

the S word for today is .......

Salami!
(thanks, Berni for the inspiration)
Here are a few Salami quotes :

On Saturday, he ate through one piece of chocolate cake, one ice-cream cone, one pickle, one slice of Swiss cheese, one slice of salami, one lollipop, one piece of cherry pie, one sausage, one cupcake, and one slice of watermelon.
That night he had a stomach ache.
- Eric Carle

I eat cheese and salami and a lot of fried chicken. I eat a big bag of oatmeal-raisin cookies every night and I don't gain weight. I still look OK as long as I'm dressed.
- Ellen Barkin

As life's pleasures go, food is second only to sex. Except for salami and eggs. Now that's better than sex, but only if the salami is thickly sliced.
- Alan King

I think I might go to bed now. Maybe.
Please keep the entries coming in.
And hope you all are enjoying this season!
(OH, playlist updated. Videos enjoyed and commented! Please lemme know if I have left anyone out!)

And here is a very short dutch traditional birthday song called Er is er één jarig.

English translation for those who need it :cool: :
It's someones birthday, Hooray, Hooray,
You can see that it's her,
We all like that so much, yes, yes,
And that's why we sing happily
Let her live long
Hooray,Hooray,
Let her live long,
Hooray,
Let her live long
Hooray Hooray.

I got distracted by 2 eggs singing a birthday song and one pulled out an unidentified thing (i think that's supposed to be a script where the name of the person with the birthday is written...for YOU to put MY name there;)) from his pocket...that's why i am still up, Val! :LOL:

so, er, I am a bit wiser now, compared to yesterday...
And with my newly acquired wisdom I am gonna find another quote to share. I don't even know if you all are enjoying this Season....
I hope you do!
(my philosophy is, if nobody is enjoying your party, just eat all the salami and dance. )

the S word for today is .......

Salami!
(thanks, Berni for the inspiration)
Here are a few Salami quotes :

On Saturday, he ate through one piece of chocolate cake, one ice-cream cone, one pickle, one slice of Swiss cheese, one slice of salami, one lollipop, one piece of cherry pie, one sausage, one cupcake, and one slice of watermelon.
That night he had a stomach ache.
- Eric Carle

I eat cheese and salami and a lot of fried chicken. I eat a big bag of oatmeal-raisin cookies every night and I don't gain weight. I still look OK as long as I'm dressed.
- Ellen Barkin

As life's pleasures go, food is second only to sex. Except for salami and eggs. Now that's better than sex, but only if the salami is thickly sliced.
- Alan King

I think I might go to bed now. Maybe.
Please keep the entries coming in.
And hope you all are enjoying this season!
(OH, playlist updated. Videos enjoyed and commented! Please lemme know if I have left anyone out!)
We all used to LOVE "The Very Hungry Caterpillar!"

• Love
Reactions: joo

In Scotland 11 is much worse than 13.

Happy birthday, Joo! You share your birthday with my youngest brother, Alan, who is 54 today. 🙂

When you commented on my Tori Amos cover earlier in the week you said you wanted more Tori Amos - so this is your birthday gift from me, and it’s just what you asked for! It’s another song from her fabulous debut solo album, Little Earthquakes, and it’s called Crucify. I’d put it in the sad but spirited category. I’ve kept it relatively minimal - baritone uke, a doubled up vocal (to be heard above the uke part), and some added synth bass. It’s a really tough vocal, and the timing of the uke part was tricky to work out too. Hope it’s okay - have a great day! 🎁

I went looking for a pomegranate song expecting to find something silly. But I found one that is not silly but somewhat slow, sedate and serious though not significantly sad. This is Pomegranate by Ye Vagabonds (who are two Irish brothers I hadn't heard of before). Played on tenor ukulele (with the solo on tenor as well), baritone ukulele and tenor guitar (GDAD tuning). Needed a break from seeing myself on video and four or five of me would be way too much so went for a lyric video instead.

Thanks so much Sweet Wendy and... what's the gentleman's name again?
I will have a listen to that shortly. I believe I have watched that ages ago!

No, my birthday is tomorrow!
(starts to sing with a lot of feelings...)
Tomorrow! Tomorrow! I love you, Tomorrow!
You're always a day away!
( i love that song)
Ooh, I meant to say in the post - that is Neil, he used to be @linear here on the Seasons, though the tag isn't working, so maybe he's changed it.

He lived a mile from me in Highland Park, NJ, and co-hosted Season 202 with me back when we had our duo Uke On!

We recorded this in his baby daughter's room on New Year's Day 2016, during his family's annual party.

Very talented musician and artist and all round fun guy. We did some cool stuff together!

Top Bottom