Season of the 'Ukulele (SOTU) 610 - Season of the Who'kulele

Hey, Chris!

Inspired by Wendy's parody version, I decided to have a crack at singing in Spanish which didn't exactly come naturally to me.
For reasons known only to herself, Edith decided to cut me in a Joe Strummer style faux-hawk type barnet.

The song was originally an old Mexican folk song, traditionally performed at weddings, where attendees were encouraged to make up verses of their own. According to the U.S library of congress over 1000 verses to La Bamba have been documented!

An nonsense songlet that happened after work today.
I am still very much myself but i tried something different....
1.recorded myself playing the uke almost horizontally..
2. recorded myself blowing a harp
3. recorded myself singing in the shower
4. recorded myself singing upside down

words here:
Mr T is afraid of thunder,
when it rains he hides in my drawer.
Mr T is afraid of water,
he never showers that's why he got the itches.
Mr T when he got the itches,
he goes upside up to let fall his fleases.

I think the upside down one has potential...
I will try harder in my next video....

I wrote a Seasonista verse for La Bamba yesterday, and recorded the song today. La Bamba a Mexican folksong.

Yo soy Seasonista
Yo soy Seasonista
Toco guitarra pequena
Para te canto La Bamba
Pero no soy mariachi
Yo soy Seasonista

Y en Ingles,

I am a Seasonista
I am a Seasonista
I play a small guitar
To sing you La Bamba
But I'm not a mariachi
I am a Seasonista

Brilliant theme. Since there seems to be a bit of a thing about headwear, I'm going to break my usual habit and not wear a hat. And play an instrumental rather than sing.

I hope this is acceptable for the theme! I'll dress up later on.

Last edited:
i normally sing pretty much as low as i can, so i thought i'd sing high for my song this week - well, high by my standards, anyway! "high" also inspired the song title and lyrics...

you make me high
like the sun in the sky
like a star shining, shining high
your love lifted me to where i need to be - high
i was lost, you showed the way
to a brighter, brighter day
my sadness just a memory
your love lifted me high, high, high

Last edited:
Hey Chris! Nice theme this week and I absolutely love your intro song. 😊 So perfect. I love Spanish and had recently learned this one, so automatically thought of it when you mentioned singing in a different language.
Loved Bob’s version of this one too! Here’s my take on La Bamba. Thanks a lot! 😊🤙❤️

Robert Burns was born in Ayrshire and it is easy for me to sing in the Ayrshire accent since I was born there as well.

This is one of Burns most famous poems and Burns himself was a Tennant farmer and he often wondered why his labour's went to make another man wealthy. Class and wealth are the birthright of the few the nobles and the gentry, with their silks and fine wine.

But the rank we have in this world is like the stamp on a coin... it is the man himself who is the gold.

things are getting creepy.
I didn't know this song before I sang it....a friend told me it is a Christmas song....so now I know.
Apologies to the songwriter and the people who love this song. I am doing it for laughs. Hope this makes you laugh not cringe.

believe it or not, both male and female versions are One Take.

I was gonna ask a male seasonista to sing the female version. But after listening to my playing and male-voice singing, I think I should handle this mess myself!

Here's a cover of White Sandy Beach of Hawai'i by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole. I'd like to welcome a returning Seasonista guest, Alvin, and introduce a couple newcomers, Camille and John! This was recorded impromptu at the end of a late night and we could only get thru less than a verse and chorus. It was a bunch of fun nonetheless and hopefully just a preview of things to come in the future!

This was my first time trying to sing harmonies and also balance (mix/master) 4 different voices and a uke. Fun stuff!!

Last edited:

La Vie En Rose Parody - from Bob Bossin

I learned these lyrics from Canadian singer of old and new songs, Bob Bossin. To be sung by a unilingual performer whose language is English.
A song with a message (or maybe not. . .I dunno.)

Marcel Marceau was a French mime artist known for his portrayal of Bip The Clown
Pierre Elliott Trudeau
was the Canadian Prime Minister from 1968 to 1979 and from 1980 to 1984
Lucien Buchard was the leader of the Bloc Québécois party and premier of Quebec until his retirement in 2001.
Jean-Luc Picard was the captain of Starship Enterporise in Star Trek: The Next Generation, portrayed by Patrick Stewart.
Maurice Richard was a hocky player for the Montreal Canadiens who scored 50 goals in one season and 500 in his career.

Last edited:
I boycotted Youtube but i will repost this one here anywho. Mulitracked, percussioned, and singing in a fake accent Tom Waits stylie. I think this fits the bill...lol

Last edited:
things are getting creepy.
I didn't know this song before I sang it....a friend told me it is a Christmas song....so now I know.
Apologies to the songwriter and the people who love this song. I am doing it for laughs. Hope this makes you laugh not cringe.

believe it or not, both male and female versions are One Take.

I was gonna ask a male seasonista to sing the female version. But after listening to my playing and male-voice singing, I think I should handle this mess myself!

Awesomesauce!

Hello again! Today I got home from work and felt like making a loud noise, and wasn't sure what kind of loud noise to make, so I found this one. It's a song I have no business doing, what with not being Australian and never having been even to the southern hemisphere. But it's a great song anyway. There would be an obvious costume to wear for this, but I don't have it, so I just dressed up in my Hallowe'en costume instead (yes, I'm dressed up as myself).

Also it seemed like as good a week as any to finally try recording something with the cajon that I've been using as a stool for several months. I've always used computer generated loops before, but it turns out to be more fun to whack a box very hard. it's my first attempt, please be kind :).

The harmonica didn't really work but I left it in anyway, just because.

Hi Chris! 😊 I have another entry for this week. Here’s a song that I’ve recorded myself live to camera, which I have never done and typically would not have if I wasn’t thinking of doing something not like me…and also… this song has chords that are higher up the fretboard than what I have played so far, which has only been the basic chords within the first 3 or 4 frets.
I just thought of these things today and I really appreciate the nudge to step out of my comfort zone! I hope you have a great week ahead ✨🩵🎶👍

Top Bottom