Season of the 'Ukulele (SOTU) 642 - Much Love for the PNDub

Oh no I just was learning the song come as you are by Nirvana and wanted to post the video, but now I found out that this song has already been submitted and I don’t know if it’s okay to post two versions of the same song

also, funnily enough i’m just reading a fantasy book series that plays in the Pacific Northwest
I'm not the host, Morgan, but normally it's perfectly fine to post more than one cover of the same song ... everyone's version is different and that makes it extra interesting.

Oh no I just was learning the song come as you are by Nirvana and wanted to post the video, but now I found out that this song has already been submitted and I don’t know if it’s okay to post two versions of the same song

also, funnily enough i’m just reading a fantasy book series that plays in the Pacific Northwest
Yes, please!! We love hearing different versions of the same song!

What's the name of the book series?

And hello, yet again, Chris! Sorry, I think I'm outstaying my welcome, but - yet again - I had to stay in for a delivery; this time a garden chair. which has just arrived and has to be assembled! I mean, a metal garden chair, for heaven's sake ... is there NOTHING you can buy online that you don't have to put together yourself??? Anyway, I've gone for the "zero" option this time, with this thoroughly depressing Beatles' song from the "Revolver" album. To make it even more depressing, I have added a special effect that turns me into a sort of old (depressing) bit of film ....

There's no outstaying your welcome when I'm hosting! You can submit different takes of the same song, every hour, on the hour, if it so pleases your soul! Glad to give you the space and give it a listen!

Multiple versions of songs are generally encouraged unless a host says otherwise. Always good to see how different people approach the same song. Post away Morgan!

Here’s a rainy original that I wrote for a Season a good while back. This is a new performance of it - just me, baritone uke and some vocal harmonies.

Yes, Morgan. Absolutely. Sometimes these repeat songs even become their own mini theme, with a handful of versions brought by multiple Seasonista.

I haven't posted in quite a while, but I still follow the group of course. I noticed today that the theme is the Pacific Northwest, and as a happy Seattle, I felt the need to testify!

Brandi Carlile and the Hanseroth twins are from Washington state, and I read somewhere that they wrote this song while traveling through Josephine County in Oregon. I think that checks two boxes for this season. With any luck, that is enough to make up for my flat notes and missed timing.

I've been out all day at the beautiful Roma Street Parkland in downtown Brisbane - it's kind of like Brisbane's Central Park - a big beautiful oasis of green, with many activities and attractions, right in the heart of the city.

I was here for a gathering, and when that ended I took the opportunity to grab a video quickie while I still had warmth and daylight, and have been walking around the park ever since. It's nearly 8pm, and I'm still out in shorts and thongs (flip-flops). Winter started a week ago. This is my kind of winter.

It was a bit tricky to make the video. As soon as I started playing, a swarm of small children appeared out of nowhere. They were adorable and fun, and making video had to wait until something else caught their attention.

And it takes some dexterity to play my backpack-friendly Tiny Uke (Kala Pocket Uke - tuned up to D because she intonates better there) and read off my iPad Mini. I appreciate having these travel-size items for days like this!

I know PNW has seen fire and it's seen rain ... and today I've seen a sunny day that I think might never end (though Brisbane too has seen its share of "Fire and Rain", just not today).

And now, time to go home.

Last edited:
Hello, all!

I was going through my songbooks this week and I found this one in the Joan Baez songbook. Never sang it before, so here’s my rendition of “What have they done to the rain?” Lots of rain here today, it’s Holland, you see😀

Hello, all!

I was going through my songbooks this week and I found this one in the Joan Baez songbook. Never sang it before, so here’s my rendition of “What have they done to the rain?” Lots of rain here today, it’s Holland, you see😀

I hope you're all doing well on this lovely weekend!! I'm sure you are all working diligently on your last minute entries for this season ;) or floating away in PNW bliss, listening to all the other wonderful entries and leaving the sweetest comments... but I'll ask that you take some special time out to give a warm welcome to our newest Seasonista, Nina!

ps, I'm going thru entries now and should have the Playlist up to date shortly. I do have some catch-up to do for listening and comments over the last day or so, as I've been working on one more entry of my own. Hopefully, I should get that all done Today (<-- a hint/answer to my upcoming entry). Keep 'em coming folks! I'm still here with you on this weekend homestretch!

side note... I was just thinking of other meanings for PNW that could be fitting. I'd love to hear some of your ideas, if you're willing to share.

The first one that came to mind...
PNW - Precipitation NotWithstanding

Oh boy. I landed here trying to find the Japanese music shop @hands_on_lanzon visited 😆. I have the whole SOTU forum hidden because I’m a beginner and it felt like overwhelm until I have more skills.

But I live, work, and play on the unceded territories of the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples (Esquimalt, BC, and this sentence is a standard land acknowledgement in these parts), and I know exactly the song for this theme. Except I’m a beginner, I’m gonna have to figure it out by ear, I have yet to make a successful uke video, and I need to do it all by tomorrow.

Eh. YOLO. I shall try!!

Edited to add: nope. I can handle the sweet instrumental line, but the lyrics probably break some rules 🤣. (I figured I could find a reasonably clean short extract, but nope!). However, please check out Snotty Nose Rez Kids. They’re an Indigenous hip hop duo from a part of the BC coast that is as close as we still have to what the PNW once was, and they’re in your face in a way that has a very grunge energy to me. I was gonna attempt their Son of a Matriarch, but I’ll let them speak for themselves 😁.

Last edited:
Welcome, @LaSignoraMusica to the Seasonistas! I joined these fine folks a few weeks ago. You are sure to find them kind, supportive, and fun!

Oh boy. I landed here trying to find the Japanese music shop @hands_on_lanzon visited 😆. I have the whole SOTU forum hidden because I’m a beginner and it felt like overwhelm until I have more skills.

But I live, work, and play on the unceded territories of the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples (Esquimalt, BC, and this sentence is a standard land acknowledgement in these parts), and I know exactly the song for this theme. Except I’m a beginner, I’m gonna have to figure it out by ear, I have yet to make a successful uke video, and I need to do it all by tomorrow.

Eh. YOLO. I shall try!!

Edited to add: nope. I can handle the sweet instrumental line, but the lyrics probably break some rules 🤣. (I figured I could find a reasonably clean short extract, but nope!). However, please check out Snotty Nose Rez Kids. They’re an Indigenous hip hop duo from a part of the BC coast that is as close as we still have to what the PNW once was, and they’re in your face in a way that has a very grunge energy to me. I was gonna attempt their Son of a Matriarch, but I’ll let them speak for themselves 😁.
Don't be intimidated or held back by theme! New Seasonistas can play whatever they want... or by rules, do you mean the overall rules of the forum? I'd love to hear an instrumental line too! If you're inspired, we'll take whatever you got.

Also, no pressure if you can't get it done by tomorrow. Feel free to work on it to your content and submit it for a future season! Either way, I'm glad a search got you here and I also hope you found the Japanese music shop. Let me know if you have any questions! Happy to help!

Top Bottom