Seasonistas on-line get together / open mic

For anyone who wasn't there / wasn't listening, we are now in the clock changing season. The clocks in the UK/Ireland went back by an hour last night, so for one week only, things will start at 7:30pm UK time on Nov 4th, same time as usual in the US.

Why one week only?

You might have guessed Myanmar doesn't observe this DST stuff. I'm okay staying up until 2 AM for the SOLGTOM on a Saturday night...

Spring forward! Fall back!! It's just THE MAN telling us what we gotta do!

Can I tune in just to listen tomorrow? I'm sick

Can I tune in just to listen tomorrow? I'm sick
Of course you can! Please join us if you're able. I hope you feel better really soon, Voran. We can all send you some virtual chicken soup and a virtual cup of tea. 💕

Why one week only?

You might have guessed Myanmar doesn't observe this DST stuff. I'm okay staying up until 2 AM for the SOLGTOM on a Saturday night...

Spring forward! Fall back!! It's just THE MAN telling us what we gotta do!
One week only just applies to UK (and Europe?), Joko, because the US and UK changed at different times.

For us in no-DST-land, it's now an hour later than it was, and will be until northern hemisphere spring. (Maybe you can sleep for a few hours, join us for a bit, and then go back to bed after?)

Can I show up and just listen again tomorrow? I'm doing better but my voice doesn't wanna come back yet

I just wanted to pass on to you that there is now a musical act called BoyWithUke. He apparently always performs with this mask on.

Reactions: joo
I might make it this week, not sure yet though. You'll probably all be wanting to know what the theme is...

I will have to miss this week. I have to pick up my son from the train in Oshawa.
I was gonna do John Prine's Christmas In Prison, but I'll put it on Season 618 instead.

If somebody's stuck for a song this week, it's only 3 chords.

I'm going to be missing AGAIN this week. I'm off to see Otway & Barrett on their 50th anniversary tour. For those not familiar with their work, I recommend this performance from 1977, featuring a fine equipment-wrecking climax.

And the following week I will be away. Maybe the one after that...

We had a small ish group today. The theme question was “if you’re reincarnated what would want to come back as”. Brian hosted.

1. Lisa - a human who wins Grammy Tony Emmy and Oscar awards.
“I didn’t know I loved you so” original

2. Jim P. -Human
“Can’t get it out of my head” ELO

3. Ila - her own cat
“Gangster’s Paradise” Coolio

4. Steve - a cat that knows not to cross the street
“Up the Junction” Squeeze

5. Edwin - a creature with at the top of the food chain on another planet
“Stories” original

6. Michael and Rick (bass) -Duckbill Platypus
“Moondance” and “oh what a beautiful morning”

7. Rick G. Human or Whale
“Na Na” John Cruz

8. Brian - my own dog
“Monk’s Dream” Thelonious Monk

Next week Ila will host - hope to see you!

Top Bottom