Show us your ukes!

It's not quite showing my ukes, but here's my just-finished rack for my ukes in their cases (and one box). I am pleased with the design, but am now wondering whether I subconsciously added space for more instruments. :)View attachment 174940
This is a fantastic idea. I should make something like this...my cat loves to puke on ukulele cases that are stored on the ground... 😣

Awww but she's totally worth scrubbing uke cases for :)
As long as it’s in the outside and never into the sound hole. I had some great kittehs growing up, but found I’m very allergic to them and have stepped on my last hair ball on the carpet in the dark. I prefer not to have to scoop poo, nor wrestle the “snow caps” away from the dogs!

Arrived this morning, very possibly the last stock Fluke in the UK (for now), bought from the former distributor on Reverb. I'd been intending to go for a more basic version, but they are impossible to find at the moment and special orders tend to be expensive and slow. And then up pops this little thing, open to offers, with Pegheds, side dots, wooden fretboard and that fancy top.

Sounds wonderful; and I expect to thoroughly enjoy playing it, right up until I reveal to my partner that I have bought another uke and am promptly murdered.

IMG_7353.jpeg

Arrived this morning, very possibly the last stock Fluke in the UK (for now), bought from the former distributor on Reverb. I'd been intending to go for a more basic version, but they are impossible to find at the moment and special orders tend to be expensive and slow. And then up pops this little thing, open to offers, with Pegheds, side dots, wooden fretboard and that fancy top.

Sounds wonderful; and I expect to thoroughly enjoy playing it, right up until I reveal to my partner that I have bought another uke and am promptly murdered.

View attachment 175146
Looks superb! I do like a feature top.....👍

I was looking around the forum a few days ago and I came across pictures of a Koa uke among flowers. The pictures were very nice and I wanted to show my wife them. Does anybody remember those shots. I don't remember what thread I was looking at so this is kind of a long shot!

I was looking around the forum a few days ago and I came across pictures of a Koa uke among flowers. The pictures were very nice and I wanted to show my wife them. Does anybody remember those shots. I don't remember what thread I was looking at so this is kind of a long shot!
Was it this one?

That's what I thought too and I couldn't find it! I'll keep looking.

Last edited:
This one?

Updating the photo of my collection since there have been a few changes:

IMG_6976.jpeg

From left to right:
  1. “Joseph.” Ko‘olau CE-1 SP chambered electric tenor with koa soundboard, radius fingerboard, and gloss finish. Enticing and subversive.
  2. “Toshiko.” Takumi TT-1M mahogany tenor. Mannered airs and a throwback to ukes gone by.
  3. “‘Ulu.” Ko‘olau 20th Anniversary koa tenor with premium koa, radius fingerboard, and inlay on the fingerboard and headstock. ‘Ukulele par excellence.
  4. “Akitsu.” Pono MTSH-MS (m) Master Series mahogany tenor with Pono passive pickup and headstock inlay. Protean gigging adze.
  5. “Cormac.” Loprinzi M-SP-Custom-C custom concert with spruce top and mahogany back and sides and fingerboard inlay. Throaty songbird great for travel and doube tracking.

Last edited:
Top Bottom