I'll have a go at 644, hopefully I'll remember how to set things up !

Hi Edwin - can I take the week commencing Sunday 11th August please? I would work out the Season number, but isn’t that what we pay you the big bucks to do? 😉

Cheers matey 🙂

PS - I think it’s Season 651?

I'll have a go at 644, hopefully I'll remember how to set things up !
If you get "stuck," Graham, there are lots of people - including me - who are willing to help out!

Hi Edwin - can I take the week commencing Sunday 11th August please? I would work out the Season number, but isn’t that what we pay you the big bucks to do? 😉

Cheers matey 🙂

PS - I think it’s Season 651?
Close, it turns out to be 652. I've extended the list that far and added you to it. Cheers!

If you get "stuck," Graham, there are lots of people - including me - who are willing to help out!
Thanks Val, it came back to me eventually. YT and UU have both changed since I last hosted, a dummy post and trial and error got me there.

Anyone else up for hosting? After this week, there's nobody for three weeks. And I know it's been a few months since I did it (and I will probably sign up in August because I'm likely to have time again then) but please remember that if there's no hosts, there's no season. There's so many of us that really once a year ought to be enough...

I'm happy to walk anyone through the steps if you're not sure what you need to do. It's easier than you think. And (putting my grumpy hat on for a moment) it'd be nice if the load wasn't always on the same core group and some of the long term regulars who've never hosted stepped up once in a while.

The first time I hosted, probably my favourite thing about it was when a few wonderful original songs turned up that wouldn't have existed otherwise. There's even one in my songbook that I still come back to from time to time (thanks @mountain goat :)). Maybe that will happen to you too!

I can do next week. A theme just came to that's been somewhere between the middle and front of my mind. Looking forward to sharing it and hearing the entries!
Excellent, thanks!

(And thank you in particular for saving me the need to wheel out the Emergency Theme in a week when I'd be a terrible host...)

Top Bottom