Sold SOLD 1950s Kamaka gold label soprano, Jake Wildwood restored!

Price
Shipping
Within COUS included
Size
Soprano

richntacoma

Reaction score
For sale is a 1950s Kamaka gold label soprano. It is fantastic. Frankly, I am not going to write much about this, as this was repaired/restored by Jake Wildwood for me, and on his video, you can read everything you would want to know about the uke, listen to the sound samples, and just take it in. If you don’t know Jake’s work, he basically turns any uke into the best playing uke you will have (not hyperbole). He is amazing, and did about $200 of work on this uke to make it absolutely perfect playing.
Gold Label Kamaka played by Jake

Why am I selling this? As mentioned, I am trying to get to 5 ukes, and I have a 1970s white label that I do like a bit more (toss up). Note: this does have see through, clear mylar pickguards. These can be carefully removed.

The price is $500 with a old hard case for protection and shipped within the COUS. For a variety of reasons, I do not accept paypal anymore, and so would need a personal check or a bank check, or zelle. If this makes you edgy, I would gladly give you my professional websites and such--I am a pretty public dude (college professor, author of many books, have a coaching practice), so I am not going to mess with you for this amount of money. You will have my fall identity before you consider buying this! I also have had many positive transitions here that you can search for. My guess is a couple of people I have traded with and sold here will soon respond to this thread in one way or another, lol. No sound samples, but glad to show you and play over Zoom!

PM me and we can discuss this.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-09-30 at 11.08.31.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-09-30 at 11.08.31.jpeg
    75.6 KB · Views: 264
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-09-30 at 11.08.22.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-09-30 at 11.08.22.jpeg
    157.9 KB · Views: 267
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-09-30 at 11.08.14.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-09-30 at 11.08.14.jpeg
    74.1 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:
Is this the 50s Kamaka, that I sold you? Jake did an awesome job!

ps: Have dealt with Rich in the past. Great person to deal with.

Is this the 50s Kamaka, that I sold you? Jake did an awesome job!

ps: Have dealt with Rich in the past. Great person to deal with.
It is!!!! It was great to start with, but he just turned this into a total gem!! And thank you :)

I remember when Jake posted this one. Great sounding uke. For anyone who has not played one of the vintage Kamakas, they are really great- lots of sparkle and vibrancy, yet plenty of depth. Good luck with this one

I remember when Jake posted this one. Great sounding uke. For anyone who has not played one of the vintage Kamakas, they are really great- lots of sparkle and vibrancy, yet plenty of depth. Good luck with this one
Yes, this one has a sparkle that really sets it apart, even more so than my 1970s White label. The action is perfect, the playability is just how you would expect after Jake got his hands on it, and it is ready to be loved.

such great sound on this Kamaka! I was really surprised at the tone and clarity all the way up the neck. GLWS! your prices seem very reasonable and very tempting to drive from Seattle to Tacoma and have a looksee :)

such great sound on this Kamaka! I was really surprised at the tone and clarity all the way up the neck. GLWS! your prices seem very reasonable and very tempting to drive from Seattle to Tacoma and have a looksee :)
Don’t forget to take your checkbook. And drive carefully on your way home.

I also come up to Seattle for salsa dancing socials pretty frequently, if it has not sold yet 😜

This sweet sounding uke is ready for a new home. Listen to the video of Jake playing with it and how he made it just right!

It doesn't get much better than that.

(unless you don't like lightly built, great sounding resonant vintage instruments!) :LOL:

Top Bottom