**SOLD** -- Kamaka White Label Pineapple Soprano - Excellent+ condition

ookooleilei

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
This is a very clean, supremely light, and surprisingly loud Kamaka. Pictures tell it all, except that the instrument has that dip/"belly" just above the bridge. My understanding is that this is more likely to happen with a lightly built ukulele, particularly one that's about 60 years old... it had the belly when I bought it about two years ago, and I have kept it in a hard case with Boveda pack since purchase...

I never got around to giving it the proper set up it deserves, but doesn't absolutely need. It's NOT the same "precision" instrument that the newer Kamakas are, IMO, but it's a heck of a lot of fun to play -- not sure if you can tell from the pictures, but the neck on this thing is extremely shallow, and quite fast.

Torn about selling this one, as it's one of my favorite eBay finds, but I'm just not playing it, and somebody should...

Ships in a newer model Kamaka branded pineapple soprano case, pictured -- $475, shipped, to the CONUS.

Price dropped to $350...
I know about the drop in the belly Unfortunately Kamaka did not brace the tops near the bridge during this era of production so many of the instruments with thin tops from the 1960’s-70’s period have this issue..not just the pineapples but I have seen this on Soprano’s and Concerts as well. There are two solutions you can do a set up compensating for the problem and live with it (it can only slump so far) or you can remove the back and brace the top then put it back. I am amateur on the bench so mostly just fix minor cracks and do some set ups, for me that would be like doing surgery and I am not a Dr. In any case I am still interested as these are fun and you just keep lowering the price. Message me and we can work something out. Maybe it will become a candidate for my first operation. I was afraid to cleat cracks until I finally gave it a try and now I am used to it. I’ve glued a few braces and I just might be ready to steam off a back and brace the top and re-glue the back. It requires very careful removal as to not
disturb the finish.

Last edited:
This is a very clean, supremely light, and surprisingly loud Kamaka. Pictures tell it all, except that the instrument has that dip/"belly" just above the bridge. My understanding is that this is more likely to happen with a lightly built ukulele, particularly one that's about 60 years old... it had the belly when I bought it about two years ago, and I have kept it in a hard case with Boveda pack since purchase...

I never got around to giving it the proper set up it deserves, but doesn't absolutely need. It's NOT the same "precision" instrument that the newer Kamakas are, IMO, but it's a heck of a lot of fun to play -- not sure if you can tell from the pictures, but the neck on this thing is extremely shallow, and quite fast.

Torn about selling this one, as it's one of my favorite eBay finds, but I'm just not playing it, and somebody should...

Ships in a newer model Kamaka branded pineapple soprano case, pictured -- $475, shipped, to the CONUS.

Cute as a button!

Top Bottom