Solid Hawaiian Koa Top Acoustic-Electric U•BASS® 15th Anniversary Edition...

UkerDanno

Reaction score
It is a beautiful ubass for sure. I am in the hunt and am going to buy a ubass of some kind price and brand is not an issue. In this Kala promo video the pickup sounds pretty hot and extra sensitive to fretboard finger and picking noise? I have had some piezo pups where the clicking from light finger noise is just unacceptable. It may be the players technique that makes it sound bad. Would have to play one to know.

It is a beautiful ubass for sure. I am in the hunt and am going to buy a ubass of some kind price and brand is not an issue. In this Kala promo video the pickup sounds pretty hot and extra sensitive to fretboard finger and picking noise? I have had some piezo pups where the clicking from light finger noise is just unacceptable. It may be the players technique that makes it sound bad. Would have to play one to know.
I found that setting the treble to minimum on both the bass uke (the generic term, UBass is strictly the Kala label) and the amp minimizes touch noise. After using poly strings for a few years, I completely gave up on them and now only use Kala/Galli flatwound nylon core, which don't get sticky, much easier to install and to, me have very good bass sound.

Top Bottom