Someone told me to post this here

Well, when I click on the link the photo opens right up... nice 5 string bari, BTW...

Maybe someone else can give advice on how to have it pasted onto your post. I use my phone and set it to the smallest size and the photo ends up right on the post... but you have a glorious pic linked to your post right now so it's all good!

Attachments

• Good thing.jpg
    Good thing.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 19
Well, when I click on the link the photo opens right up... nice 5 string bari, BTW...

Maybe someone else can give advice on how to have it pasted onto your post. I use my phone and set it to the smallest size and the photo ends up right on the post... but you have a glorious pic linked to your post right now so it's all good!
Hey thanks! I didn't think to set my phones picture size. Brilliant!

hey you make wonderful ‘ukuleles and i love following you on instagram!

i ran into issues posting photos on this forum as well, from my iphone. i ended up making an ios shortcut thing that copies/resizes my photos with minimal tapping and that has worked well enough. wish the site would just take a photo and resize it for me automatically but here we are.

hey you make wonderful ‘ukuleles and i love following you on instagram!

i ran into issues posting photos on this forum as well, from my iphone. i ended up making an ios shortcut thing that copies/resizes my photos with minimal tapping and that has worked well enough. wish the site would just take a photo and resize it for me automatically but here we are.
Hey thanks! Like wise to you 😉

Technology these days huh lol

Most camera and photo apps have a feature called "compression", you use it to reduce the file size of the photos. If you can't see it easily type this into Google: "Compression <type your app name>" and its likely the link to the instructions will appear.

UU keeps these posts. UU can have a lot of text based useful info stored, or UU can have massive files showing a few shots of ukuleles. Also, if there is more memory used to store your massive photo file, it slows down your searches on UU, that was a big problem with the last version of UU. A text post with heaps of useful information for Luthiers and Makers maybe 100Kb if it is a long post. Your photo of a single bit of a ukulele can be 10Mb, we can have a whole luthiery manual stored in this amount of memory. So I am very supportive of the concept of making members compress the photos before posting them on UU, it is a very easy process in most cases.

One of the good things about posting compressed photos of your original work is that the compression can make it harder to steal your images because they may not print well in A4 format when compressed to fit onto an A7 format size screen. Anyone who wants to copy them i going to get an inferior image.
Ahhh gotcha. That all makes sense, and great explanation.

Nice ukulele!

Unless your picture is in an un-compressed RAW or BMP format, which is unlikely, I think resizing is better than compressing. Unless you are sure what the compressor does. Which I am not.
Resizing could get you a smaller picture with the same sharpness. Off course, if you blow it up to the old size, it would not look as sharp any more.
Compressing might give you a picture that appears the same size, pixelwise, but is grainy and not as nice to look at.
All jpg files are compressed, but you can choose different quality for the same size in pixels. To compress a jpg further would be to reduce quality.

The size is another thing. Unless you have a 4k screen, you cannot watch anything with more than 1080 pixels height without zooming out on it. So there is no need for a foto to be like 3000 pixels height for web purposes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom