SOTU 585 ... "IT'S ALL ABOUT ME!"

Don't sneeze in my face Grace!?
Masks, lockdowns, social distancing, isolation, vaccinations, mandates, vaccine passports, was it all worth it? I don't think so... but that was the mainstream narrative.

Last edited:
And it's "Coronation Day!" Does anyone have any songs about being a King/Queen that fit this week's theme? I shall mainly be in front of the telly today, enjoying some good old British pageantry ... whether or not you agree with the idea of having a Monarchy, you have to admit that we Brits do all that stuff SO well!

Attachments

• i-thought-being-king-meant-i-could-do-whatever-i-wanted-kvy.jpg
    i-thought-being-king-meant-i-could-do-whatever-i-wanted-kvy.jpg
    422.7 KB · Views: 5
And it's "Coronation Day!" Does anyone have any songs about being a King/Queen that fit this week's theme? I shall mainly be in front of the telly today, enjoying some good old British pageantry ... whether or not you agree with the idea of having a Monarchy, you have to admit that we Brits do all that stuff SO well!
I hope that Charles has negotiated a good deal for the television rights.🤭🤣🤔

When we moved flat recently, amongst the boxes I hadn't opened since the penultimate move (some 28 years previously) I discovered my diaries from my 20s and early 30s. Sat on a stool surrounded by cardboard boxes still to be explored and sorted, I opened one at random from the period I was living in Liverpool (1978-83) and spent the next hour or two browsing through them. My response to what I read forms the basis of this song. I am sure many of you will be able to identify with this experience.

I hope you enjoy:

I'm Tore Down

After my daughter played guitar on last weeks video, my son caught the bug and wanted to be in a video. He couldn’t quite decide if he wanted to be seen in the video, though so we worked to figure out a fun editing effect to help him out.

I got crazy and did two videos this week, not counting the one I helped @mac_guitar24 make. I feel dizzy 🥴 (Speaking of which, this week was really the first time she played baritone uke, but since she plays guitar it was an easy transition. She said the baritone was “fun”. I’m turning her to the dark side, y’all!)

This is the song I wanted to do for myself, “I Can’t Help But Wonder” by Tom Paxton.

Last edited:
I got one in this week! (Even though I really had no idea how to play it.) 😊
Play Me by Neil Diamond. One of my favorite songs of his. 🤍

And with Sabine reliably bringing up the rear, it is my sad duty to declare Season 585 officially over! Thank you All ... your self-absorption has known no bounds! The Wrap will be up in the next day or so.

And, herewith, I bring you a slightly belated Wrap to what was Season 585 and is now but a distant memory! We had a total of 57 songs from 31 Seasonistas ... thank you all! I am afraid that there is no prize this week ... I can only say that I appreciated EVERY contribution. We had some fine originals from - in no particular order - Pa, Berni, Jon, Lynda, Del and Rob. There were some interesting revelations - firstly that the Season started on Paul's Birthday (so that we were all able to celebrate with him) - and then we were apprised of Steve's hitherto undivulged criminal career, your Host's previous incarnation as a cowboy and Sabine's stint on the Railroad. Pa had lost a head ... but, fortunately, not his own. The songs were as varied as could be expected from the rather broad theme.

It is really difficult to single out any particular performances, but I really enjoyed the family contributions from Bob and Edith and Emba (sorry, I don't know your name) and her daughter and son. I found Lynda's original, "I Gave My Heart To You" very powerful and - for it's sheer unexpectedness - Ralph (RALPH!!!) singing "Me And My Shadow."

THANK YOU ALL!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom