SOTU 598 ... "THERE ARE FAIRIES AT THE BOTTOM OF OUR GARDEN!"

I am posting this now simply because I'd much rather concentrate on You Lot than worry about doing a song myself, and since I somehow had prior knowledge of this week's theme, I was able to do it in advance. Following, Wendy's query, really any sort of "weirdness" is acceptable ... the weirder, the better!

Last edited:
Special Guest Star: Nevada the Kitteh!

A first take of the Dusty Springfield version of this great pop song. When the Classics IV/Atlanta Rhythm Section got hold of it, Spooky’s partner decided to propose marriage. Dusty appeared ready to dump him. You make the call!

Since I'm in the Naughty Corner, I might as well offer this song with the most annoying of titles that I wrote last year and have been waiting for the opportunity to inflict it on you all. It is, I claim, the first song you'll have ever heard that is about both ghosts and punctuation. If there's another, I'd love to hear it... Anyway, I call it "(Unbalanced Parenthesis" and if that bothers you, here's the closing one: ")"

As I say in the video, this theme did not put me into a funny song mindset, but I will get there. I instead went straight to supernatural and dietys, and HAD to play this one.
I will return with a funny one later I am sure, but rocks and bread was in my head. Never mind the air-conditioner. Also, bad word ahead for folks that don’t like bad words.

And a VERY good morning/afternoon/evening/middle-of-the-night to you All! Thanks so much for all the wonderful weirdness that has transpired to date - and the very dubious puns that have been floating around! The Playlist is up-to-date and I look forward to hearing much more today ... there are simply so many unexplained phenomena that need to be chronicled! Ceslovas Cesnakevicius, Lithuania, Shortlist, Open, Enhanced, 2015 Sony World Photography Awa...jpg

Last edited:
And what else is at the musical (and movie) intersection of plants (597) same otherworldliness (598)?

Why, of course ... "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes"!

YES, this is a real movie, and YES it's hilarious, and YES you should see it ... right away!
(Apparently it turned into 3 more movies, an animated series, and a novelization ... so guess what I'll be doing tonight?!)

Verandah 2 Jam day 13.

I suppose everyone knows that it is a trademark of mine that I take lyrics and put a new melody to them or use weird instrumentation or use found videos to illustrate a point. This is a song about angelic beings.

All ye beneath life's crushing load
Whose forms are bending low
Who toil along the climbing way
With painful steps and slow
Look now for glad and golden hours
Come swiftly on the wing
O rest beside the weary road
And hear the angels sing

For lo the days are hastening on,
by prophets seen of old
When with the ever circling years
shall come the timeforetold
When the new heaven and earth
shall own the prince of peace their King
And the whole world send back the song
which now the angels sing.

Last edited:
And what else is at the musical (and movie) intersection of plants (597) same otherworldliness (598)?

Why, of course ... "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes"!

YES, this is a real movie, and YES it's hilarious, and YES you should see it ... right away!
(Apparently it turned into 3 more movies, an animated series, and a novelization ... so guess what I'll be doing tonight?!)

Verandah 2 Jam day 13.

There is an ATTACK of the killer tomatoes 😃?
I have only seen RETURN of the killer tomatoes, the one with George Clooney. Before he was famous...
I wondered if there actually was one that came before it, or they went straight to the sequel 😆

Top Bottom