SOTU 632 "I'LL SEE YOU IN MY DREAMS"

Devil's Dream - P.D.

Sabine (AKA Ms. Bean) played a tune called The Devil's Dream from Playford's Dancing Master: The Compleat Dance Guide.
There is a fiddle tune called Devil's Dream - similar title, but completely (or compleatly?) different tune. Here's my low tech sound on sound version.
Thanks for being a wonderful host Val.

April has arrived, and must be celebrated.

I had to shoehorn in the word "dream" to make it fit, because I had to.

Did you know that Ozzy Osbourne wrote his own version of John Lennon's "Imagine" in the late 90s, then recorded and released it in 2001?

Thank goodness (and heavy metal's Prince of Darkness) for the Seasons of the Ukulele 🤘

And with Ralf reliably bringing up the rear, it is my sad duty to declare this week officially over. Thank you all so much for embracing the theme and bringing me your dreams ... we have a magnificent total of 106 videos on the Playlist. I'll be back later in the week with the Wrap.

I will leave you with this thought from William C. Dement, American sleep researcher and founder of the Sleep Research Centre at Stanford University ...

"DREAMING PERMITS EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US TO BE QUIETLY AND SAFELY INSANE EVERY NIGHT OF OUR LIVES!"

Thanks so much for hosting, Val! 😊💛

So for the first time today, I realised my teenage nephew is no longer interested in doing things or spending time with the same aunt who had played with him all his life, the same aunt he used to admire and look up to, because she is now too "old-fashioned" and not cool enough for him.

It did hit me, not because i feel old or uncool. I feel a little sad. It must be so tough to have to be cool and be like everyone else all the time.

so i went out walking again and only came back to record this song 2 hours ago. i thought i would share this little incident about the changes that occur to everyone when growing up and growing older!

He's a teenager. He'll grow up, wake up, and once again see you as you are - still the cool aunt.

• Love
Reactions: joo
@LimousinLil Many thanks for hosting this week! I'll need to go back and listen to the playlist. I was a little too preoccupied with working on two very intensive (albeit fun) songs that took up a lot of time.

@Shaw Interesting that you're playing the tenor guitar as a bass in gcea tuning. I find it really handy to have the bass tuned eadg, so it's easy to reach the octaves from the root.

@ChaosLibrarian I have no idea that was one of your favorites when you suggested it to me. That makes me glad I decided to add horns and piano at the last minute (11am yesterday). Apologies that I had to rush the video edit and the YT thumbnail. I'm sure I'll go back and refine it a bit when I find time...

@TheOnlyUkeThatMatters \m/

@hands_on_lanzon & @joo I have no idea how you both found the time to record sooooo much music.

@everyone...I'm a little surprised no one took up The Lion Sleeps Tonight. I actually wanted to do it as a duet in C for 2 ukuleles, but I ran out of time. Oh, well. Until next time!

JOE HILL - Alfred Hayes (poem) 1930/ Earl Robinson (music) 1936

I think of this song being sung by a fellow named Charlie, whose last name I can't recall, at a Labour Day Hoot (open mic) before the turn of the century, but I've heard it sung by Pete Seeger, Paul Robeson, Joan Baez, Arlo Guthrie and others.
Joe Hill was an organizer of Industrial Workers of the World and was executed in Utah, USA, in 1915.

Joe Hill.jpeg
_Joe Hill - 1879 - 1915

Sorry Val - I just realised that I'm a week behind. I won't delete this, but ignore it if you wish.

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words everyone! Jim, Sir ... I am now going to break every rule in the book and add you to the Playlist. I will probably be drummed out of The Seasons for so doing, but, there are extenuating circumstances ... not least that you have been celebrating a VERY significant Birthday. The Wrap is still forthcoming ... I've been a bit sidetracked by all the frenzied activity that is currently going on here in deepest France with the barn clearing process. "I'LL BE BACK!!!"

Last edited:
@hands_on_lanzon & @joo I have no idea how you both found the time to record sooooo much music.
Hmmmm. A few words come to mind, at least in my case... I might say funemployment, insomnia, obsession/addictive personality.

I can also say that Joo's creativity is overflowing, so we just found time to capture some of it on video. 😁

Top Bottom