SOTU 633: Time is on my side (yes it is)

I’m not seeing the thread for 634. Any ideas why???

It should be right below, I'll link you just in case

It should be right below, I'll link you just in case

Thank you!

The intro post isn’t showing, but the rest is!

Here is my second ever Seasons submission. This week I tried my hand at some early 2000s indie rock with a cover of Someday by The Strokes. It's the first time I've ever intentionally distorted my voice on a recording.

Multitrack recording includes 2 ukulele tracks, tenor guitar, drums, and vocals. Also, my young son grabbed the microphone while I was working and did a silly little beatbox, so of course I had to keep it. Pay attention from measures 4-8 and see if you can hear it in the background.

Last edited:
For the SoTU 633, a basket of low hanging fruit. And some playing about in MoHo 14 an animation software torture device which has made me so Effing maaaaaaad at times. Took all day to create the clock and about as long as the video to record the song !! Probably could have done it on the corner of a jotter , like I used to at school. Which also may explain the way my life turned out I suppose !

This song's about as simple as it gets, even among outsider musicians and anarcho-punks. So yes, I love it <3

Time passing, unseen, heavy with mortality, with memory and sentiment, and fearful regret, bitter seed of futile fertility
-Rudimentary Peni

I just remembered a song I wrote in October 2019, and never properly recorded, that's a perfect twofer.

It's about getting loud (singing and talking, and playing ukes around campfires after curfew, annoying the camp staff), at an annual gathering, and counting the days until we get to do it again next year.

The last weekend of September, for a few years before I left the US, I used to join a small gathering (~70) of ukulele players for a weekend of fun at the Ohio Ukulele Campout, at the Mohican campground in Loudonville, Ohio. It was always such a great time, among wonderful people.

The last one I attended was OUC7, in 2019. In 2020, covid kept many of home, and by 2021 I had moved to Australia. At OUC7, I wrote us a sort of OUC anthem called "Loud in Loudonville". I finished the song just before the open mic, but hadn't really leaned the melody yet. I made video, but sang it badly. THIS, at long last, is the melody as I intended it (or as close as I can reconstruct it 4.5 years later).

The cha-cha-cha reference: In the OUC Facebook group each year we would count the days until the next gathering in "cha-cha-chas", eagerly awaiting our next gathering. The buildup was almost as fun as the event itself. Almost.

Last edited:
I'll be back with a wrap, but I've now, I believe, put everything on the playlist, which is now closed.

Thanks so much to everyone who took part for making this season so much fun. I'm confident I'll host again if you'll have me!

I wanted to finish off with a song of my own.

Now for larynx songs in the next season!

Thanks for a fine season! Feel free to host whenever you want, I really enjoyed this week.

This happens to me with each season started by Joko. Logged out I can see all, also on the upper thread level, logged in I can see only posts inside the thread beginning from post #2. Internet voodoo. Maybe the provider.

Last edited:
This happens to me with each season started by Joko. Logged out I can see all, also on the upper thread level, logged in I can see only posts inside the thread beginning from post #2. Internet vodoo. Maybe the provider.
oOooOOooooh!! I wonder if we all have a voodoo SOTU host?!? So far, I've been lucky and can see all the threads. Maybe more new hosts can sign up and I can finally find my secret voodoo host!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom