If I'm design'd yon lordling's slave,
By Nature's law design'd,
Why was an independent wish
E'er planted in my mind?
If not, why am I subject to
His cruelty, or scorn?
Or why has man the will and pow'r
To make his fellow mourn?

I receive this from YouTube this morning which explains how notifications never appear as comment.
IMG_20240418_140803.jpg

I receive this from YouTube this morning which explains how notifications never appear as comment.
View attachment 171094
I have experienced this, with my comments disappearing on other peoples pages and also other comments on mine not being there ahen I go to reply !! Teckerknowledgy is not doing what it says on the tin !! I think t'internet is broke.

Last edited:
Here's my contribution for this week. Written a couple of years back during one of the FAWMs, in response to a similar prompt as this week's Season. I am so glad to have been able to finally record it as a video and post it to YouTube.

Hope you like:

For your fourth and potential eighth video I would like you to bring an instrumental only (melody only, multitrack productions like Arvin aka ukudancer, or chord melody etc).

The PLAYLIST is here once the videos come in.

I feel like I have to participate after I've been name dropped in Season description! I got you @Ms Bean

This has been a fun week so far. I totally forgot The Lazy Song mentions castles.

During my recent bout of laryngitis (did I mention that I had laryngitis?😆), I still ‘attended’ the Saturday Seasonista Zoom open mic meetings. As I couldn’t sing, one week I just strummed a simple chord progression I’d been working on, with the intention of turning it into a proper song when my voice returned. So that’s what I did today. I wonder if those present at the open mic will recognise it at all? 🤔

As well as baritone uke here, there’s also synth bass, pads, drums, organ and an arpeggiated glimmer sound, and my voice was strong enough today for a doubled up vocal and some vocal harmonies too.

Lyrics

The Castle On The Hill by Del Griffiths

You pull up your drawbridge
To keep me away from you
You pull up your drawbridge
It’s such a cruel thing to do

You know I love you, I always will
But you’re stuck in that cold, loveless castle on the hill

You hide in the tower
But deep down you long to be free
You know you still have the power
To break out and come back to me

Here I am locked up in this dungeon of limbo
And there’s no way I’ll ever be free
Cos you’re the one who holds the key

You put up your drawbridge
You hide in the tower

Yes you’re stuck in that cold, loveless castle on the hill

Last edited:
I was gonna give up on this week since I couldn't think of songs about castles, until Del brought up that "Both Sides Now" mentions 'castle' in its lyrics. I've always liked this song, but never really tried to learn it, so it's been a fun couple of days trying!

@mythinformed and @hands_on_lanzon have already covered this song, but hey, here's another one :LOL:

I have experienced this, with my comments disappearing on other peoples pages and also other comments on mine not being there ahen I go to reply !! Teckerknowledgy is not doing what it says on the tin !! I think t'internet is broke.
I have so many issues with YouTube, the biggest one being they allow larger accounts to download content from small accounts and then reupload it as their own, (which is against their T&Cs, btw) but I replied to several people after @bobjking uploaded a cover of my song and not one of my comments appeared, making it look like it didn't meet with my approval, which is anything but the case, so I'm afraid I am very much out, at least as far as YouTube is concerned, along with my YouTube channel, which was probably about 10 years old this year! I haven't totally disappeared from here but I am struggling with health issues I don't really want to bore anyone with and have plagued me from 2022, too.

I have so many issues with YouTube, the biggest one being they allow larger accounts to download content from small accounts and then reupload it as their own, (which is against their T&Cs, btw) but I replied to several people after @bobjking uploaded a cover of my song and not one of my comments appeared, making it look like it didn't meet with my approval, which is anything but the case, so I'm afraid I am very much out, at least as far as YouTube is concerned, along with my YouTube channel, which was probably about 10 years old this year! I haven't totally disappeared from here but I am struggling with health issues I don't really want to bore anyone with and have plagued me from 2022, too.
sorry to read this mate. i relate to what you write. be well xo

Last one from me, a simple chord melody of Django Reinhardt’s Manoir De Mes Rêves, which I think literally translates as Manor of my dreams, but it’s come to be known as Django’s Castle. The opening lines bring to mind Stomping At The Savoy. I wonder if Django was familiar with this tune, hard to imagine he wasn’t. Thanks for hosting Sabine.

View attachment 171094

Thanks for passing this along, Rob.
I really enjoy what my fellow Seasonistas bring, so I hope you all get to feel my appreciation, by way of my comments. If anyone's missing any at all, know that I'm here because you're here. That's right. It's your fault. :)

I look forward to hearing your next song.

It's been a busy week for me, so it's only now I've got round to my first song! But it's the 5th song I've ever written, and specially for the season - here it is.

I was going to sit out this season because I couldn't think of any castle songs when I discovered this song by accident. "You're my castle, you're my cabin..." - Billy Joel's, You're My Home.

Last edited:
Top Bottom