SOTU 640: BACK IN THE SADDLE AGAIN

The college went to had an equestrian program, and the 17th century fort recreation (Fort New Salem) had a blacksmith shop.

The guy who shod the horses stopped by every now and then, to say hi, but never when it was raining or snowing.

He was a Farrier Weather Friend.

John and Kurt .... Aaargh!!! (Actually, I love horrible jokes and puns; please feel free to keep them coming!) Pissodes, I had to Google the Preakness because, not being of your land, I didn't have the faintest idea what you were talking about; now I even know which horse won!

John and Kurt .... Aaargh!!! (Actually, I love horrible jokes and puns; please feel free to keep them coming!) Pissodes, I had to Google the Preakness because, not being of your land, I didn't have the faintest idea what you were talking about; now I even know which horse won!
Just ignore the neigh-sayers Val!

If torturing puns was a crime I’d be reporting you to the international court at The Hague!
Have you not heard of the Hague Commission set up with the specific intention of investigating unstable equestrian puns? I would ask you not to stirrup the proceedings!

America's "Horse With No Name", for concert ukulele and singing, with overdubs of Ubass and secondary vocal. I once had a horse in my family. He was a good boy... his name was Paddy. He liked it when I played baritone ukulele in the barn.

Pretty darn "low hanging fruit", I know... but every once in a while I gotta pick one of those - Thanks for hosting, Val!

Last edited:
Here's one from Aussie singer songwriter Ross Ryan. He had 2 hits in the '70's. "Blue Chevrolet Ballerina" and this one "I am Pegasus". On 8 string tenor. I did quick sketch of a Pegasus on my ipad with apple pencil and procreate software. It can automatically make a time lapse of the drawing. So I've used that here.
Cheers Val.

OK, as your host, I am getting this in quickly so that I can forget about me and concentrate on everyone else. Actually, I only found this song yesterday and I have absolutely fallen in love with it ... best song ever! (If anyone wants the chords, I can pass them along ... took me ages to find ones that I could play.) Oh, and I forgot to mention ... THERE WILL BE EXTRA BROWNIE POINTS FOR ANYONE WHO PLAYS THEIR SONGS WEARING A HAT (it doesn't necessarily HAVE to be a cowboy one ... see below, "if a cowboy's wearing it, it's a cowboy hat!")

Last edited:
DYK? "Cowboy" originally was a derogatory term for those brave young men who rode the range alone for weeks or months at a time with their only companions those enticing creatures with the beautiful big brown eyes. 🐮🐮🐮🐮🐮🐮🐮🐮🐮 🤠
Don't believe me? One word: "cowpokes" :oops:

Last edited:
Top Bottom