SOTU 640: BACK IN THE SADDLE AGAIN

Well, howdy ya'all from the wild west of France, where, for once, it isn't raining! The Playlist is updated ... thank you All; but we need more ... more horses, more hats, more getting back in the saddle. Since this is a long weekend for many of you, I hope you'll find the time to commune with your "inner cowboy!" It would appear that the life of a cowboy has become more complicated; what with safety regulations an'all ...
Bizarro+09-10-23+WEB.jpg

It would be remiss to mention the hobby horse world championships held in Finland.

This has to be one of the most bizarre hobbies I've ever seen! The world of nerd culture knows no bounds! 😄 It looks to be an interesting way to keep fit, the participants looked to be pretty trim.

Busyness until it was too late kept me out last week and nearly kept me out this week as well but I managed to squeak one in. This is a song by The Sons of the Pioneers - Ragtime Cowboy Joe.

What a horse!

Second and last song from me this week. An original I wrote today about the last successful cavalry charge in European Warfare at "The Battle of Alfambra" Feb 8th 1938, during the Spanish Civil War.

Hope you like:

Thank you for hosting Val. Wasn’t sure I’d get anything done for this season, very busy week, but I managed to rattle off this original. I did some other drawings but they were too “literal” so in the end I just used a still of a cartoon elephant I did, which is random, but the song is a bit random anyway, even if it does mention a horse. This song features a face melting solo on mbira.

That was absolutely delightful!

Well, gosh and darn ... if it ain't Sunday agin! But we ain't finished yet folks ... still a day to go. Keep them songs a-comin'; there's still a herd of horses out there, waitin' to be harnessed ...
Bizarro 02-06-11 CENTAUR.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: joo
a little song about a real person. Some of you know her as Chelle.
I have the much sweeter version here with cartoons if you wanna check it out.

Her name is Michelle, Magical Michelle
She's the chief inspector for donkey's health
She plays her banjo uke to put her animals to sleep
Then wakes them all up, all of them, the next morning.
A pony wept and a rooster sighed
A goat cried out while a tear rolled down a donkey's eye.
Her name is Michelle, Magical Michelle
She's not a medley of Madness and Melancholy
She's a Magical, Musical Melody Maker.
She's a Magical, Musical Melody Maker.

Hi Val! I left my Stetson hat somewhere else, but I did find this song from Bob Wills (that Asleep at the Wheel plays at basically every show).

Yee-haw!

Hey folks, Borfus and I will be doing our Live Summer Music Series Season Kickoff tonight (7pm west coast USA time). I will be webcasting it on zoom meeting number 622 972 7495 password is "woodstock". We'll be playing some new tunes and previews of our Summer Shows. I hope you can make it!

Mayposter.jpg

Hey folks, Borfus and I will be doing our Live Summer Music Series Season Kickoff tonight (7pm west coast USA time). I will be webcasting it on zoom meeting number 622 972 7495 password is "woodstock". We'll be playing some new tunes and previews of our Summer Shows. I hope you can make it!

View attachment 174374
Terrific show, Brian! And the Zoom sound was fantastic today, best it's ever been. So much fun to hang with my Seasonista and Seasonista open mic friends in the Zoom room and chat ... almost like we were sharing a blanket on your lawn together (next best thing to being there)! 🌟

Well, gosh and darn ... if it ain't Sunday agin! But we ain't finished yet folks ... still a day to go. Keep them songs a-comin'; there's still a herd of horses out there, waitin' to be harnessed ...
View attachment 174329
Do horses thieves kidnap centaurs?

You find the best cartoons, Val! How do you find them? I want to do this for the Season I'm hosting.

Do horses thieves kidnap centaurs?

You find the best cartoons, Val! How do you find them? I want to do this for the Season I'm hosting.
Well, obviously horse thieves MUST kidnap centaurs ... if the cartoon is to be believed, that is! All this week's cartoons have come from someone called Bizarro https://www.bizarro.com/cartoons I only discovered him when I was looking for cowboy cartoons and I'm very glad I found him; I am now a fan! (Normally, though, I just do a Google search for cartoons on whatever subject is the week's theme. I really like "New Yorker" cartoons and I have always been a fan of "Punch" - the British satirical magazine - which is, sadly, no longer in existence, although their cartoons are still available online.)

Terrific show, Brian! And the Zoom sound was fantastic today, best it's ever been. So much fun to hang with my Seasonista and Seasonista open mic friends in the Zoom room and chat ... almost like we were sharing a blanket on your lawn together (next best thing to being there)! 🌟
@UkeFoote
I can only agree with everything Wendy @UkeCan1 has said here, Brian. Great show - I hope your neighbours know how lucky they are to have you! And the sound came through so well on Zoom. Big thanks to you and Borfus - and also to everyone watching on Zoom for being such great company! 🙂

Top Bottom