Source for Baritone Tonewood

Laidback1

Reaction score
I’m looking for sources for Baritone sized tonewood. I’ve been building primarily tenors and would like to build a few baritones.
I’ve checked vendors like LMII, Stew Mac and Hibdon and not really finding much for Baritone. Any help is appreciated!

Woodsfromthewest.com and notablewoods.com both carry baritone sized back sides and soundboard wood, and both have different types from each other.
You sometimes need to get guitar sized wood at a decent enough price to use. LMII has Baritone size fretboards, but I believe only in Ebony.

Thanks. I found areukemidding.com last night and ordered a few pieces. Will also check out Notable and WFNW.

First I'd recommend befriending someone with a wood shop and bribing them with craft beer or something else, and you can have any board resawn you can come up with.

I have been really happy with Bow River. Good selections for baritone/parlor size guitars. Hard to find small kerfed linings, too.

link bow river

I’m looking for sources for Baritone sized tonewood. I’ve been building primarily tenors and would like to build a few baritones.
I’ve checked vendors like LMII, Stew Mac and Hibdon and not really finding much for Baritone. Any help is appreciated!
Ive used Hibdonhardwood.com for tenor size, but they specialize in guitar sizes, so you should find plenty of Barton sized wood. They used to have mostly specials that were pretty good.

Top Bottom