Strap reccomendations?

I don't like leather, and I do like variety and handmade goods, so I'm going to recommend the QuiltsandUkuleles shop on Etsy. Nancy is a quilter who got bitten be the Ukulele bug a few years back.

Even if you're not a vegetarian, I think you'll be blown away by the variety and quality of these. Far superior to anything else I've tried (including the first ones I bought with leather before I discovered these).
Ooh, they’ve got one that nearly matches my dog’s collar! Maybe I need to start using a strap 🤣
2EBE6416-60DB-4D74-BB49-1CB4CCD9A4E2.jpeg

6281ED7F-A64B-4A17-880C-D6979A5D05FC.jpeg

Ooh, they’ve got one that nearly matches my dog’s collar! Maybe I need to start using a strap 🤣
View attachment 149985

View attachment 149984
Straps for Chords is traci56guineapigs on Ebay. She does make grayhound collars. It seems only US shipping is restricted.

Reactions: TBB
Walker and Williams straps on Etsy. Super high quality, great designs, etc.

I'm more of a leather strap kind of guy, but I'm not going to be dogmatic about it. Just get a strap. I think it will help the sound of your uke. Ukes produce sound by vibrating, so there'll be more vibrations if your forearm isn't squeezing the soundboard and muffling the sound.

Straps for Chords is traci56guineapigs on Ebay. She does make grayhound collars. It seems only US shipping is restricted.
Brilliant, thank you! I’ll keep an eye on her page, I’m always on the lookout for fun sighthound collars

I don't like leather, and I do like variety and handmade goods, so I'm going to recommend the QuiltsandUkuleles shop on Etsy. Nancy is a quilter who got bitten be the Ukulele bug a few years back.

Even if you're not a vegetarian, I think you'll be blown away by the variety and quality of these. Far superior to anything else I've tried (including the first ones I bought with leather before I discovered these).
Thanks for the recommendation TimWilson. I just got mine from Nancy. Very nice and makes playing my Pono with a little heavier neck easier for a beginner like me. My chord changes were feeling a little quicker.

Thanks for the recommendation TimWilson. I just got mine from Nancy. Very nice and makes playing my Pono with a little heavier neck easier for a beginner like me. My chord changes were feeling a little quicker.

Thanks for letting me know, @Woodsy! Like you, I have a neck-heavy Pono, and this makes playing soooo much easier. Honestly, I felt the same with a perfectly-balanced, light-as-a-feather soprano! I just like straps, and Nancy's are the best I've found, veg or not.

Top Bottom