Not open for further replies.
Price
Shipping
included
Size
soprano

SamUke

Reaction score
This is a very nice Takumi 3M soprano in mahogany. These were made for Kiwaya in small batches and are incredible instruments, amazing tone and build quality. It is in gently used shape with no cracks. Strung up with Martin strings. I purchased this used from TUS in 2021 and have included the link for this very uke since it's still in the interwebs. I have kids in college and play guitar more these days so I'm starting to offload. Thanks.... $725 shipped USA.

takumi2.jpg
takumi1.jpg
takumi3.jpg
takumi4.jpg

Last edited:
That’s a beauty. Now I know what Kiwaya did with the KTS-6 when they discontinued it! This is the same style, but with some upgrades—the tuners, the gloss finish, probably others, but the heritage is clear. I bet it sounds great. Good luck with the sale.

That’s a beauty. Now I know what Kiwaya did with the KTS-6 when they discontinued it! This is the same style, but with some upgrades—the tuners, the gloss finish, probably others, but the heritage is clear. I bet it sounds great. Good luck with the sale.
There is a clip in the link. It sounds amazing

I knew Ed would comment on this on, lol.

The universe is a wrong place--Maui Music and Takumi are two of the one sopranos I REALLY want to try. I highly reccomend this uke to someone lookign for a 'hog soprano. There is something about the Takumi ukes. I had a Koa concert that I just loved, and were it a soprano, I would have not even considered letting it go. When people say a uke plays like butter, I think that that is overstated, but my Takumi really was a great playing uke.
GLWS

could I have a gramme weight for the Sopranos list please?!

Takumi ukuleles were designed by Japanese Master Builder, Yusuke Kawakami. He also hand-made the bodies and oversaw every step of the construction & finishing within the small shop that made them. When he retired in 2019, the Umbrella Takumi company ceased production of all Takumi brand ukuleles and guitars.

I have the tenor TT-3M version and it is terrific. Impeccable craftsmanship, excellent detailed appointments, with a very beautiful Japanese sound. The closest comparison I can make is with the sound of my mahogany Collins tenor.

The TS-3M designation indicates Takumi Soprano-Model 3 (the top of the line) Mahogany. "Top of the line" means that the 3 models had more cosmetic details than the base 1 and middle 2 models.

Alex and the folks at the Southern Ukulele Store were quite taken with Takumi ukuleles.

The universe is a wrong place--Maui Music and Takumi are two of the one sopranos I REALLY want to try. I highly reccomend this uke to someone lookign for a 'hog soprano. There is something about the Takumi ukes. I had a Koa concert that I just loved, and were it a soprano, I would have not even considered letting it go. When people say a uke plays like butter, I think that that is overstated, but my Takumi really was a great playing uke.
GLWS
But then there are those of us who prefer a concert to a soprano and are very happy that you considered letting it go! Not only is it a gorgeous uke, but, as you say, it really is great to play! Hopefully someday my playing skills will improve enough to not feel totally outclassed by the Takumi.....

But then there are those of us who prefer a concert to a soprano and are very happy that you considered letting it go! Not only is it a gorgeous uke, but, as you say, it really is great to play! Hopefully someday my playing skills will improve enough to not feel totally outclassed by the Takumi.....
I am so thrilled you still have it and love it! Warms my heart.

Oh my, what a rare beauty, simply stunning. GLWS!

PM‘d on Wednesday and no word back yet. This beauty was posted for sale on my birthday and just in time for budget to be agreeable to my longing for a high quality soprano.

Whoever gets this is going to be VERY pleased! Wonderful ‘ukulele!

Am I now active enough of a UU member to buy this instrument from you? All I need to know is how you would like me to pay.
I have to admit-this feels super cringy and frankly, a bit over the top. If the person is not checking that is one thing--then patience is in order. However, if they do not wish to sell to you, that is 100 percent their choice. This feels wrong, IMHO.

I’m at a loss. If you saw a rare instrument in a store and went to go buy it and the store owner said they won’t sell it to you because you haven’t been in the store enough so you start coming to the store more frequently. You keep seeing that instrument for sale. Do you give up?

I’m at a loss. If you saw a rare instrument in a store and went to go buy it and the store owner said they won’t sell it to you because you haven’t been in the store enough so you start coming to the store more frequently. You keep seeing that instrument for sale. Do you give up?
Well, legally a store can refuse to sell to a customer just as any person can refuse to sell an item or service to a person/customer/consumer. It's the right to choose a business partner.

That Takumi is lovely but there are other fab sopranos in marketplace...

Do it privately and then let go. Airing this in public is what I have the issue with. All IMHO.

Howdy there Whodad. I'm sure you're a great person and no doubt it's frustrating not to be able to get the uke you want. I wish I was more comfortable selling to folks on here that don't have a track record but people have been burned. If I wanted to sell to anybody I would've thrown it up on the flea market. Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom