No longer available Takumi TS-3M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Price
Shipping
included
Size
soprano
I do have a track record of buying a ukulele from someone on this forum 4 years ago. My budget doesn’t allow me to buy high-quality instruments on a more frequent basis.

I do have a track record of buying a ukulele from someone on this forum 4 years ago. My budget doesn’t allow me to buy high-quality instruments on a more frequent basis.
Hey Whodad, I think you've just got to let this one go now. It's not getting sold to you and you're not helping your case by pressing the matter. Look at it this way - now you get to do all the fun window shopping again until you find the next one!

And OP if I were you I'd close this thread and start a fresh one so there's not all this distraction on it

i feel for you brother.
making a sale is a very simple transaction.
when you have to somehow beg first, then earn some kind of unknown, undesignated stripes
you clearly aren't allowed to own,
in order to actually just give someone money to buy something they supposedly want to sell,
we have a major problem.
this whole thing is s#*t. keep your uke samuke.

I think any discussion keeps the for sale item 'up top' in the thread, so no probs! All publicity is good publicity. Am I right in thinking that this seems odd to others just because the terms aren't public, and have been found out as a result of initial enquiry? It seems that if something is for sale here it should have those terms publicly stated, just like a price. Would I be right in thinking that if a physical pick up was possible, then all this wouldn't be an issue? i.e. just because American continent is so darn large...

I’m at a loss. If you saw a rare instrument in a store and went to go buy it and the store owner said they won’t sell it to you because you haven’t been in the store enough so you start coming to the store more frequently. You keep seeing that instrument for sale. Do you give up?

I find this situation strange. Why would someone not want to sell something, since all the risk is on the buyer's side ???

Anyways, Whodad, I'm located in France and a well known member of the French uke community is selling a similar ukulele you might be interested in. It's a Nakanishi Style 0 14 frets (less bling than the Takumi but similar in construction). Nakanishi was a famous luthier in Japan and his creations are considered the top of the heap there.
I haven't played the uke in question but if you want some more info, just let me know (FYI the uke is sold at 500 Euros).

It’s crazy this thing has blown up into what it is and whodad turned it into a thing. When this person messaged me they had 1 total interaction with UU, and I told him in the private message I wasn’t comfortable selling to someone that wasn’t active…mainly so I wasn’t getting scammed. Being publicly passive aggressive isn’t helping the matter. I’ll close the thread.

What is unfortunate is the necessity for caution. Seller wants to sell, buyer wants to buy, it's too bad it can't be a straightforward scenario. But it isn't up to us (the not sellers) to decide what makes a comfortable scenario for the seller. I would request that members (including potential buyers) respect the concerns of the seller with the same level of passion that they recognize the enthusiasm of the buyer.

While it would be useful if a seller could indicate on their initial listing that they have restrictions on the sale, that isn't up to us to dictate that requirement - if the seller did that publicly, they could be slammed just as easily as if they don't do it and it comes back anyway.

I am disappointed that this scenario has caused contention and has soured the OP's intention of selling a wonderful ukulele here on this Marketplace (and may do so for good, now, although I hope not). I am disappointed that the buyer wasn't able to obtain the ukulele they specifically want. As the Stones once said "You can't always get what you want" and that applies to both sides, here.

What is unfortunate is the necessity for caution. Seller wants to sell, buyer wants to buy, it's too bad it can't be a straightforward scenario. But it isn't up to us (the not sellers) to decide what makes a comfortable scenario for the seller. I would request that members (including potential buyers) respect the concerns of the seller with the same level of passion that they recognize the enthusiasm of the buyer.

While it would be useful if a seller could indicate on their initial listing that they have restrictions on the sale, that isn't up to us to dictate that requirement - if the seller did that publicly, they could be slammed just as easily as if they don't do it and it comes back anyway.

I am disappointed that this scenario has caused contention and has soured the OP's intention of selling a wonderful ukulele here on this Marketplace (and may do so for good, now, although I hope not). I am disappointed that the buyer wasn't able to obtain the ukulele they specifically want. As the Stones once said "You can't always get what you want" and that applies to both sides, here.
The funny thing is my caution is literally in the UU how to sell/buy section…..

Attachments

• 1B6266DA-5180-47F4-BE14-B5195233193D.png
    1B6266DA-5180-47F4-BE14-B5195233193D.png
    926.2 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
The solution, if the seller uses it, is Paypal Goods and Services. Both buyer and seller should be protected. The seller has the option to include the 3% fee as part of the sale.

In this case, there was less clarity as to the "warning flag" as the potential buyer has been a member since 2019 and also lists his location.

The solution, if the seller uses it, is Paypal Goods and Services. Both buyer and seller should be protected. The seller has the option to include the 3% fee as part of the sale.

In this case, there was less clarity as to the "warning flag" as the potential buyer has been a member since 2019 and also lists his location.
It’s a lesson for the future and thanks for the feedback. How do you close a thread? I want to put this out of its misery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom