The Island of Misfit Seasonistas

Have you ever posted to the Island?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sounded a bit "Muddy" here in the very far, far, (about 90 miles) west Chicago 'burbs. Excellent. Never expected that on a uke!
(I spent a whole lot of my wasted, but prime (late '60s) youth in Old Town. Took the Eisenhower X-Way in, and turned North. ;)

No regrets... Muddy was there. Had a "Love" bumper sticker on the back of my '67 Falcon. I can still smell the Patchouli and taste the Akadama red wine.
Ukelele blues all the way from the UK !! LOL. Thanks to you and Jim for responding.

ps I had to look up Akadama red wine. Partial to a drop of port I am.

just recorded this

Will this be available on Bandcamp?

Last edited:
S is for Spontaneous collaboration. A bit of a sssssstretch for this week's theme, so putting it here instead :)

This is live from The Bank Bar in Dundee earlier this evening. Last time I was there, a few weeks ago, Gavin played a Tom Waits song, and I told him that I loved Tom Waits, and so we ended up talking about all his great songs and which ones would be fun to play. In the end, I promised I'd do Long Way Home next time I came, and he promised he'd join in. I was true to my word, and so was he. Next time we'll have practised it at least once in advance.

I recorded one for the SOTU 640 Back in the saddle again! I wanted to record it wit my hat on, but I left the hat at work. Then: hat back, recording on.

IMG_4505.jpeg

But the season was already over, so here it is:

I recorded one for the SOTU 640 Back in the saddle again! I wanted to record it wit my hat on, but I left the hat at work. Then: hat back, recording on.

View attachment 175792

But the season was already over, so here it is:

Hat envy! I want a tail on my hat!! It's gonna happen. I'm gonna bite your style! (Apologies in advance) 😅

I recorded this for Graham's Season but on second thought I don't wanna put him through it....I I wanna share it though, and this place makes no one feel obligated to watch and comment...so yeah.

So pleased you marked ND's birthday, Joo. I thought about bringing Saturday Sun to your week on the Seasons, but I have done it to death and it wasn't quite his birthday, either. It is still Nick's birthday in Hawaii, but the ghosts of Jimi and Nick are both present on this version of Place to Be. I often wonder what became of the person that posted it?

Last edited:
So pleased you marked ND's birthday, Joo. I Thought about bringing Saturday Sun to your week on the Seasons, but I have done it to death and it wasn't quite his birthday, either. It is still Nick's birthday in Hawaii, but the ghosts of Jimi and Nick are both present on this version of Place to Be. I often wonder what became of the person that posted it?

I didn't know it was Nick Drake's birthday on the 19th June. I did feel very strongly that i had to try to record a ND song that day.

The young man did a really beautiful cover of Place To Be.

I didn't know it was Nick Drake's birthday on the 19th June. I did feel very strongly that i had to try to record a ND song that day.

The young man did a really beautiful cover of Place To Be.
What a curious coincidence! I know you are a fan, obviously. I loved his music before it became 'cool' to like him. We went on a kind of pilgrimage to Tanworth-in-Arden, Warwickshire to pay our respects on what would have been his 70th birthday in 2018 but it's 50 years in November since he left us.

I'm posting this cover I recorded yesterday so that I can vote Yes to the poll at the top of the page. (Edit: poll is closed!)

The song is "Dreamin'" by Skinny Dyck and the Chicken Catchers (technically the Chicken Catchers aren't listed as the artist, but I just like using the whole name). Skinny is a nickname, but since he also used his last name it doesn't qualify for the current Season.

Hi ya’ all! Here’s a little Silly Dutch Ditty that I made today. Of course too late for Joo’s Season 643, but it’s Silly, Short and Sweet. I recorded this for my grandsons, but I think you might like it too! English subtitles added…😀

Lemon Jelly had a hit with this song in the UK a few years back 😊

Top Bottom