This article made me smile

All I ever got was "dry roasted" peanuts...

That gesture would have made me a raving fan of Southwest Airlines, and that’s saying a lot because I thoroughly despise the hassle and claustrophobia of air travel.

All I ever got was "dry roasted" peanuts...
No more peanuts...too many people with serious allergies. Now you're lucky to get a little bag of pretzels...if you're really lucky, they won't be crushed to dust!

Mahalo. So cool!

Out of the hospital scene and back home with ongoing physio. All is pretty cool. I can play piano and uke again.

Pete

Good to hear you’re on the mend! It must feel great to be out of the hospital.
Thanks Patty. Worst trauma of my life. 4 weeks in the hospital with mouth wired shut (drinking BOOST and cream of wheat) and 3 more weeks in respite care.

Being home, it means ALMOST no noise. No interruptions, no medical equipment beeping non-stop, no patients screaming they are being killed, etc.... it never ends. I can finally have COLD DRINKS again. Getting ice in the hospital was a pain... you are always asking since you can't get your own. Even respite care was the same but they barged into my room at any time of day to replace towels that I didn't need replacing. lol

7 weeks of madness is over. My neighbor's barking dog sometimes doesn't bother me anymore after all this. Quiet and cold drinks is all I want and UKE and PIANO too.

I'm attending physio at the nearby hospital. All is well. When I was in the hospital, I practiced learning Spanish verbs and I am so much better now. Some nurses spoke Spanish and helped me. It was great.

Petey

Thanks Patty. Worst trauma of my life. 4 weeks in the hospital with mouth wired shut (drinking BOOST and cream of wheat) and 3 more weeks in respite care.

Being home, it means ALMOST no noise. No interruptions, no medical equipment beeping non-stop, no patients screaming they are being killed, etc.... it never ends. I can finally have COLD DRINKS again. Getting ice in the hospital was a pain... you are always asking since you can't get your own. Even respite care was the same but they barged into my room at any time of day to replace towels that I didn't need replacing. lol

7 weeks of madness is over. My neighbor's barking dog sometimes doesn't bother me anymore after all this. Quiet and cold drinks is all I want and UKE and PIANO too.

I'm attending physio at the nearby hospital. All is well. When I was in the hospital, I practiced learning Spanish verbs and I am so much better now. Some nurses spoke Spanish and helped me. It was great.

Petey
Keep up the Spanish! Lots of great ukulele music written by Spanish composers (OK, OK, it was originally written for the guitar, but finders keepers).

Keep up the Spanish! Lots of great ukulele music written by Spanish composers (OK, OK, it was originally written for the guitar, but finders keepers).
Thanx!!! My mom told me to learn Spanish when I was 18! She's dead now and my life long plan is to learn Spanish. I already speak fluent French and my German is pretty good too.

Mahalo. So cool!

Out of the hospital scene and back home with ongoing physio. All is pretty cool. I can play piano and uke again.

Pete
That's great to hear Pete. Especially that you are able to play your instruments again.

Petey
Christ, I'm sorry you went through all that. Glad to hear you're recovering now.

Petey
really happy for you Petey. difficult to wheel a baby grand into ward 7 mate.
i remember painfully well when my jaw got broke playing football, it was horrific -
roast lamb and veges through a straw wtf.
topped off by the excruciating pain of having the wires ripped out from between my teeth and gums.
it was a Tarantino film mate! haha
take it slow and steady brother in your recovery but enjoy your freedom!
🌻

Petey
Glad you’re back. I’ve been working on Spanish on Duolingo. It’s fun! Your accident sounds horrific, but your attitude seems sunny. Get well soon.

Thanks for posting that, Jan. That was probably the most memorable flight those passengers will ever have.

Top Bottom