To Post or Not to Post (on Marketplace)That is the Question

keenonuke

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
It's so hard waiting to post on the Marketplace for a wanting to buy. If someone else posts first it's a 😫

But on the other hand I need to put money aside for a custom due in June and a repair (see below).

Sometimes, I jump too fast. I emailed Aaron Keim asking if he had a used tiple. He did and will repair a Spruce top probably Regal. Shortly afterwards, serendipitously I walked into a GC on the way home from a doctor appointment and a wonderful Mahogany Regal in terrible shape was there. It's easy to play, sounds wonderful and I dont care that it has loads of cracks. Then it was an oh well - I've committed to Aaron so I'll have the second one with an octave A.

Part of me wonders if the same bee in my bonnet/ pushing my will for something, becomes an if I only waited.

So true. I hope I wasn’t the one who posted a WTB first and scooped you on something. I am working on exerting a bit more self control. I put an outlook reminder in my calendar for when I am allowed to post a new “want to buy” and have been holding myself to that.

I also have a counter going … “I have gone 7 days without buying a ukulele.”

;)

Make that 0 days without buying a new ukulele… It is not my fault. When a $400 concert cocobolo from a reputable seller pops up on reverb, it is clearly fate telling me to buy it ;)

Thank you to my enabler who messaged me about the ukulele so I could snap it up before the listing was one hour old. I am in your debt.

I emailed Aaron Keim asking if he had a used tiple. He did and will repair a Spruce top probably Regal. Shortly afterwards, serendipitously I walked into a GC on the way home from a doctor appointment and a wonderful Mahogany Regal in terrible shape was there. It's easy to play, sounds wonderful and I dont care that it has loads of cracks.
To be honest, the instrument from Aaron will be set up properly and made nice. It will be nice to have an instrument that is in good shape rather than one that you may have to spend extra time, effort and money. Enjoy

To be honest, the instrument from Aaron will be set up properly and made nice. It will be nice to have an instrument that is in good shape rather than one that you may have to spend extra time, effort and money. Enjoy
That was my thinking. In fact when I replied to his request was I really going forward with the ukulele- I told him I felt assured it would have proper intonation. Hopefully I didn't jinx it :ROFLMAO:

It's so hard waiting to post on the Marketplace for a wanting to buy. If someone else posts first it's a 😫

But on the other hand I need to put money aside for a custom due in June and a repair (see below).

Sometimes, I jump too fast. I emailed Aaron Keim asking if he had a used tiple. He did and will repair a Spruce top probably Regal. Shortly afterwards, serendipitously I walked into a GC on the way home from a doctor appointment and a wonderful Mahogany Regal in terrible shape was there. It's easy to play, sounds wonderful and I dont care that it has loads of cracks. Then it was an oh well - I've committed to Aaron so I'll have the second one with an octave A.

Part of me wonders if the same bee in my bonnet/ pushing my will for something, becomes an if I only waited.
Get both

Top Bottom